In 2023, Vail Valley Works will begin offering the LEAD Eagle Certification (Leadership Education And Development). This certification is awarded to individuals in Eagle County who show a commitment to their leadership journey by completing the four courses on the LEAD Eagle Pathway.
The LEAD Eagle Certification is an opportunity for the local workforce to understand the stages of leadership from tactical to strategic. Each course features a specific Leadership Pillar, but every course in the pathway contains content focused on communication, emotional intelligence, and values-based leadership, to establish a common language for leaders across Eagle County.
The courses can be taken in any order, but the recommended pathway is:
- Management Essentials
- Leadership Pillar: Build your leadership foundation
- Course Overview: In theory, great leaders are built on a solid foundation. In practice, we’re often thrown into a leadership role without formal training or guidance on the core job functions. Management Essentials covers a variety of practical skills that apply to the day-to-day work of anyone supervising or managing a team.
- Taking the Lead: Skills for Unlocking the Power of Your Team
- Leadership Pillar: Explore team dynamics
- Course Overview: Understanding your team dynamic is the key to unlocking its true potential. Taking the Lead aims to help those in leadership positions assume their roles confidently and effectively. It involves both individual exploration to reveal your personal leadership style, as well as a deep awareness of the unique personalities that make up your team.
- Community Leadership Academy
- Leadership Pillar: Find your values-based leadership style
- Course Overview: The Community Leadership Academy brings together professionals from around Eagle County serving the community. The program is intended to help participants develop strong values-based leadership skills, create a broad network of confidants, as well as build trust and consistency between agencies.
- Board Service Basics
- Leadership Pillar: Serve your community through civic engagement
- Course Overview: An introduction to appointed & elected board service, designed to provide the knowledge and framework to effectively serve on a wide range of local boards – from non-profits to special districts and everything in between. No experience required.