Course Name: Management Essentials
Leadership Pillar: Build your leadership foundation.
Facilitator: Kenneth J. Howell, KJH Culture (Learn More About Kenneth)
Format: In-Person, Edwards (Location TBD)
Dates: Six (2)-hour sessions
- Fall 2023 Session:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays (10am – 12pm)
- September 12th & 14th, 19th & 21st, 26th & 28th
- Full Series: $500* (VVP Members)/ $650 (Public Price)
- *VVP member non-profit organizations receive a 40% discount. Must be a 501c3, in good standing with the VVP. Use Promo Code: VVWorksNP40 at checkout to redeem.
- A La Carte Sessions: A la carte session registration may be offered one month in advance on a space-available basis. These sessions will be offered at $125 (VVP Members)/$150 (Public Price).
Intended For: Anyone responsible for the performance of others. This may include:
- Those new to a management or supervisory role
- Those with experience but no formal training
- Those looking for a refresher on this skill set
- Anyone aspiring to move into a supervisory role
Course Description: In theory, great leaders are built on a solid foundation. In practice, we’re often thrown into a leadership role without formal training or guidance on the core job functions. Management Essentials covers a variety of practical skills that apply to the day-to-day work of anyone supervising or managing a team. Each session includes key takeaways that can be implemented immediately within your organization.
Management Essentials is designed to provide an array of tools for those in supervisory roles, giving them the skills and confidence to recruit, build, and engage effective teams.
- Understand your role in building and reinforcing your organization’s culture
- Recognize ways to empower your team
- Gain confidence in managing difficult situations
- Identify what NOT to do (avoid the major mistakes!)
- Learn how to make inclusion and mental wellness a daily priority for you and your team
- Expand your network of local peers at a similar career stage
- Session 1: Culture Setting & Expectations
- Session 2: Engaging Employees
- Session 3: Hiring & Interviewing
- Session 4: Three-D: Documentation, Discipline & Difficult Conversations
- Session 5: Time Management, Scheduling & Work/Life Integration
- Session 6: Wrap Up & Bringing It All Together