Vail Valley Partnership has made a commitment to the quality of Eagle County’s future. Vail Valley Works is the premier local workforce programming for establishing, training, and supporting a network of aware and knowledgeable citizens ready to take on the challenges of an ever-changing community.
The quality of life in a community is determined by the quality of its public and private sector leadership. If a community is seriously interested in creating change and supporting innovation, it will begin with a firm commitment to analyze its challenges and to identify, educate, train, and support a team of public and private sector community leaders to attack those issues. Without that commitment, a community cannot develop the intelligent, creative, and energetic local leadership network that is essential for the community to achieve its full potential.
CURRENT WORKFORCE: Community Resiliency & Leadership Programs
- Community Resiliency Bootcamp (June – October 2020)
is an opportunity to dive deep with likeminded professionals into different issues that are defining the future of Eagle County with a specific focus on recovery strategies in the wake of COVID19. Topics include: navigating normal, caring for employees (mental health), childcare, healthcare, environmental sustainability, housing and community resiliency.
- Community Leadership Academy (July – December 2020)
is an experience for individuals looking to enhance their leadership capabilities and connect with like-minded professionals in Eagle County.
- NEXT Vail Valley Emerging Professionals (January – June 2021)
is an opportunity to meet with six dynamic community leaders, learn from their success and growth in this valley and grow your professional network.
FUTURE WORKFORCE: Apprenticeship & Internship Programs
- CareerX is an internship and job shadowing program for students at Eagle County Schools to work with businesses for a school semester, or two, to learn more about an industry at an introductory level.
- CareerWise is a modern youth apprenticeship program for Eagle County School students to work with an organization for one to three years. Based off the Switzerland model, this program includes more commitment from the business and student, as well as college credit with CMC that aligns with their apprenticeship.