The Vail Valley Partnership’s Business Insight Series provides strategic insights for strengthening local businesses and developing leaders, fostering one’s professional and personal growth while contributing to the economic vitality of the region.
These programs are designed to develop and promote resources and education for the Valley’s small business owners and entrepreneurs and are designed to assist in the start-up, management, and growth of local businesses. Such resources include specialized training sessions as a means of providing business development, business management, and business growth information. Speakers from VVP member businesses address timely topics of interest to business leaders in the Vail Valley.
The BIS provides:
- Timely insights from leading business and subject matter experts
- Best practices provided by leaders in key industry sectors
- Continuing education for professional development to enhance your personal leadership skills
For more information regarding the Business Insights Series, or to suggest speakers or topics, please contact: email@example.com or call Maren Cerimele at 970-477-4001.
Next Business Insight Series:
Navigating Complex Customer Interactions
Event date: December 5 (Please note the November session is sold out so please sign up now for the December session!)
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Miller Ranch Community Room
25 Mill Loft Street (2nd Floor)
Edwards, CO 81632
Join us for our all-new customer service focused Business Insight Series – “Navigating Complex Customer Interactions”! This course is designed with your front line employees and supervisors in mind. Your team will go beyond the basics of customer service to understand the wants, needs and reactions of your customers and guests. This tactical training for front-line employees will focus on: the needs of the guest, personalization of the guest experience, the impact of the interaction, strategies for service recovery, and unique approaches for destination visitors.
VVP Member Pricing:
- 1 -2 Employees: $50/each
- Additional Employees: $25/each
Course Description: “Navigating Complex Customer Interactions”
Have you ever thought about how you influence others? As you are committed to delivering exceptional value and we know that it is not always easy. Challenges emerge as we face complexities arising from balancing the needs and wants of customers with resources, time and energy. The challenges and problems we face will always be a part of our daily work. What we know is that customers don’t become dissatisfied because of these challenges; they become dissatisfied with the way problems are handled.
By participating in this workshop you will acquire knowledge and develop skills to:
- Identify the underlying causes of difficult customer interactions
- Identify what customers want and need
- Manage defensiveness (yours and theirs)
- Apply specific tools and skills to successfully navigate complex customer interactions
- Adjust to the varying needs of Destination vs. Denver vs. Local guests
Presented By: Kelly Wyngarden of Indigold Consulting and Paula Henry of PH Balanced Consulting
Previous Business Insight Series Events:
- “Working Minds” Suicide Prevention Training for the Workplace: November 6, 2019
This session provided an overview in how to forum for dialogue and critical thinking about workplace mental health challenges. Presented by: SpeakUp ReachOut
- Potential Tariffs on Recreational Goods From China: June 26, 2019
This event served as a Q&A session on the potential List 4 tariffs under review in Washington, DC.
- Tips, Tricks and Tactics to Boost Google Results: November 15, 2018
You have developed a website and a marketing strategy. Now, learn some new ideas, big and small, to boost these marketing campaigns and get more qualified search traffic into your website. Presented by: BlizzardPress
- Project Management for Everyone: 4 week course – September / October 2018
Presented by: Peak Business Management
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: August 22, 2018
This session provided an overview in how to investigate these claims and get to the bottom of the allegations.
- Elevate Performance and Value in Your Organization Using Project Management Best Practices: 4 week course – June 8, 15, 22, 29, 2018
Presented by: Peak Business Management
- Destigmatizing Mental Health in the Workplace: June 7, 2018
This seminar, presented by: Joshua Scott, Instructor & Director of Education for CO School of Public Health in partnership with HealthLinks and Mind Springs Health, attendees learned about mental health stigma in the workplace and the cycle that perpetuates it.
- Authentic Feminine Leadership-Leading with Confidence, Courage, & Conviction: May 17, 2018
This seminar, presented by Amy Arthur Packer Coaching, was geared toward professional women who are in leadership roles in an organization and/or entrepreneurs/business owners.
- Google – Connecting It All: April 11, 2018
This seminar, presented by Mobloggy, focused on helping the small business owner use FREE tools from GSuite.
- Protecting Your Business as Cybersecurity Threats Rise: Jan. 11, 2018
This seminar, presented by Mitchell & Company, focused on what you need to know about network security and keeping your data secure from threats.