Each of our local, community banks of Eagle County are quickly setting up COVID-19 deferral and loan recovery programs to support individuals, families and businesses. These programs are subject to change, and we recommend reaching out to your bank to find the best and most up-to-date information. Vail Valley Partnership’s goal is to share business relief and county health information that is accurate and unbiased in a timely manner.
PLEASE rely on the official, trusted sources for information and not secondhand knowledge. Rumors and bad information spread faster than any disease out there, which only causes distress.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Banking Advice
- Alpine Bank
- ANB Bank
- Citywide Bank
- Community Banks of Colorado
- First Western Trust Bank
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
Advice in these uncertain times?
We asked our financial partners for their advice in these times and EVERY institution that we spoke to said the same thing:
- Reach out to your banks and lenders in this time! There are resources available and institutions across the board are being creative in their ways to help their customers.
Additional advice given:
- Keep some cash on hand/available for when the restrictions start to lift and you need inventory/staff/etc.
- Deferred payments could make sense for a business who wants to keep cash on hand for the future, however more debt isn’t always the best solution.
- Every business should track 3-6 months of cash flow, even retroactively, in this time to give them a sense of what the future will hold when things return to normal.
- Here to help. One of our banking partners shared with me yesterday that DESPITE the strange circumstances that we find ourselves in, he has had one of his “best” weeks in banking ever, knowing that it was a week full of heartfelt conversations and really helping people through a time of need. Reach out!
- Support our local businesses through this time! Whatever we can do to support in this time will help. Visit WhatBusinessesAreOpenInEagleCounty.com to find out where you can help.
- Stay healthy!
The program works as follows:
- Alpine Bank will defer your loan payments. This does not mean that you do not owe the payment (including interest); it simply means you are not obligated to make payments on the loan for the next 90 days.
- The impact of the deferred payments—including the interest that accrues on your loan—will be applicable to your final payment (or when it pays off, if in advance of the loan’s contracted maturity).
- After 90 days, you will be expected to resume normal payments. If you do not feel that this will be possible or will need other accommodations, please discuss with your loan officer.
- If currently escrowing for taxes or insurance with your loan payment—we ask that you make the escrow payments during this time period. If you do not feel this is feasible and are unable to make the escrow payments, when payments resume they will be applied to the outstanding escrows due prior to being applied to any interest or principal.
Thank you for being a loyal Alpine Bank customer.
Please contact your loan officer if you have any other questions or concerns.
Alternative Banking Options
- Bank online with Alpine Online® at alpinebank.com
- Pay companies and individuals electronically
- Transfer money to and from your Alpine accounts and other financial institutions
- Bank anytime, anywhere with our AlpineMobile® app. Find us on the app store on your iPhone, iPad or Android device(1). Must be enrolled in Alpine Online banking.
- Deposit checks into your account(2) via smart phone or tablet
- Pay companies and individuals electronically
- Apply for a personal checking account online .
- Visit a surcharge-free ATM—Alpine Bank is part of the Allpoint ATM network, 43,000+ ATMs across the U.S.
- Use our automated information phone line, 888-4-Alpine (888-425-7463), for 24-hour access to account balance, account history, transfer funds, make payments, and activate or report a lost or stolen debit card.
- Use our green Live Chat button found on the right side of every alpinebank.com page.
We felt that it was important to share information that may be helpful to you as one of our customers as COVID-19 continues to affect our communities.
ANB has launched a number of initiatives and precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our employees and customers in the communities we serve. We have implemented changes following guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as our local and state health departments to help prevent the spread of germs within our banking centers and operational areas.
At this time, the majority of our banking centers are open. We will continue to evaluate our banking lobby access daily, and may adjust the hours of operation or close lobbies if necessary.
For a list of banking center updates include current hours and lobby access, please click here.
Loan Deferral Program
As a financially strong and stable community bank, ANB is uniquely positioned to support our customers in this time of need. Amid the current uncertainty and likely economic challenges ahead, ANB is taking the following actions to help alleviate financial stress:
- Ensuring that borrowers with floating rate, Prime-based loans receive the full impact of the Federal Reserve Bank’s two emergency rate reductions, which total 1.5%, by reducing our Prime borrowing rate and temporarily removing interest rate floors through December 31, 2020.
- Offering a 3-month deferral of payments for all consumer and commercial term loans that require a monthly principal and interest payment. This includes installment loans, mortgages, home equity loans, commercial real estate loans, equipment loans, and any other loan that requires a monthly principal and interest payment. All customers are eligible – there is no fee or penalty and there are no requirements to prove need or impact from the coronavirus.
- If you or your business is experiencing financial difficulties and need assistance beyond the two actions noted above, please contact ANB to discuss other options that may be available.
To proceed with the payment deferral or discuss other options, please contact your loan officer or the Customer Care Center at 866-433-0282. Please note that this one-time program does not waive or modify any other provision of your loan documents.
Digital and Other Services
- Online and Mobile Banking – Our online and mobile banking platforms will allow you to access and manage your funds 24/7. Enroll now.
- Bill Pay – Easily pay your bills through online and mobile banking.
- Mobile Deposit – Enroll within online banking for mobile deposit, which allows you to deposit check from your smartphone or device.
- Debit Cards – Our debit card(s) give you easy access to make purchases instead of carrying cash. If you need a debit card, we can issue cards within our branches or we can order a debit card for you.
- CardValet – Our debit cards also include access to CardValet, giving you security controls for your debit card. Control where, when, and how your debit card is used with the CardValet app on your smartphone.
- Telephone Banking – To bank by phone 24/7, call our Telephone Banking number at 800-997-2265.
- Direct Deposit – If you are still receiving a paper check, it may be a good time to discuss getting setup for direct deposit with your employer. Most employers will require a voided check or your routing and account number to sign up. This will allow for your paycheck to be automatically deposited into your account on payday.
- Customer Care Center – Our Customer Care Center at 866-433-0282 is available Monday through Friday from (excluding Federal Holidays) 7 am to 6 pm MT or 8 am to 7 pm CT and on Saturdays from 8 am to 12 pm MT or 9 am to 1 pm CT. Our Customer Care Center is closed on Sundays.
- ANB Bank ATMs – There are no surcharge fees if you use an ANB Bank ATM at one of our locations.
- MoneyPass ATM Network – In addition, there are no surcharge fees if you use one of the 32,000 MoneyPass ATM locations. To locate a MoneyPass ATM near you, download the MoneyPass Locator App or click here for a complete listing.
CITYWIDE BANK COVID-19 RECOVERY PROGRAMS
We stand by our customers, employees and communities in good times and during times of uncertainty. Citywide Banks has a long history of service excellence, and we remain committed to providing you the service you have come to expect from us.
The coronavirus pandemic is creating financial uncertainty for many customers. We recognize that our customers are actively monitoring the situation and evaluating their current and future financial needs. We are announcing the following relief actions to support and aid to our customers during this time of need. The coronavirus pandemic is creating financial hardships for many and we are taking action to provide relief for our customers. We will continue to evaluate our relief program as well as local, state and federal relief programs. Additionally, we will consider additional actions including extension of relief measures as the situation evolves to support our customers.
Consumer Relief Actions – Beginning on March 23, 2020 through April 30, 2020
- Monthly maintenance fees associated with consumer checking and savings accounts will be waived. We will waive monthly maintenance fees associated with maintaining minimum balances on consumer checking and savings accounts beginning March 23, 2020 through April 30, 2020.
- Foreign ATM fees assessed by Citywide Banks will be waived. Customers using other banks’ ATMs will not be assessed fees. Other banks and ATM operators may charge a fee and balance inquiry, withdrawal and international fees may apply.
- Late fees on consumer loans will be waived. The late fees on all consumer loans will be automatically waived for customers.
- CD early redemption fees will not be assessed. Customers who need to redeem a CD early will not be assessed an early redemption fee. We recognize that customers may need access to funds to take care of unexpected expenses or respond to changes caused by the current situation. Customers must contact us to redeem to any CDs.
Commercial Business/Small Business Relief Actions
- We recognize that each customer is unique, and it is unlikely that a “one size fits all” program would satisfy our customers who are accustomed to solutions that are tailored to their unique needs.
- Our commercial banking relationship managers are available to partner with our commercial customers to help them evaluate liquidity, cash flow, future sales projections, as well as, credit needs.
- We have implemented a streamlined credit approval process to help our bankers service our customers quickly and efficiently.
- We are also closely monitoring the development of federal stimulus programs and we will be prepared to assist our customers in evaluating each of those programs as they become available.
Citywide Banks is a strong financial institution and part of a consortium of community banks backed by the strength of Heartland Financial USA, Inc. Together, with Heartland and 10 other member banks across the Midwest and Western United States, we have built a fortress balance sheet with over $13 billion in assets, strong liquidity, and we are able to support our clients and withstand economic shocks. Additionally, we have enacted our business resiliency plan to continue to provide service to our clients.
Unlike many banks of our size, we maintain local leadership and local decision making. This is important to our customers, because it allows us to stay close to local developments and respond to your needs quickly.
We are prepared to continue serving our customers. Together, we will get through this crisis and we look forward to continuing to be your partner during the current uncertainty and in the better days ahead.
Community Banks of Colorado
Community Banks of Colorado is one of the most well-capitalized, strongest banks in the country. In addition to your money being protected by FDIC insurance, we have a sound balance sheet and the liquidity necessary to withstand market volatility. Please be assured your money is FDIC insured and very safe with us.
At Community Banks of Colorado, we believe it is important that we understand each client and business’s circumstance and the extent to which they are being impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a community bank, we pride ourselves on our customizable solutions and personalized service. Because we have a community focus, our specialized bankers are able to find one-on-one solutions that make sense for your unique banking needs, rather than using a one-size-fits-all approach.
One opportunity to obtain assistance is through an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan. We want you to know we are here to assist you in assembling information and to help you obtain application documents in the event you are seeking such a loan for your small business or non-profit as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The links and documents needed are provided below. This is a first-come, first-served program, so submitting your application early will be very important to the timing of funding, should you be approved.
Businesses in all U.S. states are now eligible for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan related to COVID-19.
Who may apply:
Only eligible small businesses (or an eligible private non-profit) may apply. Your business must show a need for the Disaster Loan Assistance. Although bills currently proposed by Congress and the White House may change the qualification and underwriting standards, the business must not only show economic injury, but also that it and its owners do not have personal or business resources to meet these needs.
Where to apply:
- Apply online here.
- Click on the red Apply for Assistance button – be aware there are large volumes of applications already being submitted and this web page may be slow. Keep trying to refresh the page. It may work best in early morning or late night hours.
If you have any questions about the SBA Disaster Loans, please reach out to the SBA’s Disaster Assistance Center at 800.659.2955. If you have any questions about how Community Banks of Colorado can assist you, call your local banker. We are committed to protecting the health, safety, and financial security of our clients and are here to help.
We recognize COVID-19 is causing serious financial hardships for many individuals, families, and businesses. As a result, we are extending financial flexibility for customers who have been impacted.
For all FirstBank customers directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19:
Upon request, you have the ability to defer up to three payments on the following types of loans:
- Residential mortgage loans
- Home equity installment loans
- Consumer installment loans
For assistance with your mortgage, home equity or consumer loan, please contact our Mortgage Customer Service line at 1-855-277-2265.
If your business is experiencing a hardship, or for other loan related inquiries, please reach out to your loan officer or call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-964-3444, option 0, for assistance.
Additional assistance available to certain customers:
If you are taking unpaid time off due to quarantine related to COVID-19, and your employer does not offer paid leave in these circumstances, additional assistance is available by calling 1-800-964-3444, option 0. FirstBank is offering:
- Fee Refunds: Fees such as Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) fees, Visa card fees, early withdrawal penalties, etc., will be waived or refunded for impacted customers. If related to their quarantine situation, customers may also be able to avoid transactional fees for bank offerings such as wires, cashier’s checks or money orders.
- Zero Percent Interest Rates**: We will reduce interest rates on credit cards to a 0% annual percentage rate (APR) and cash reserves to .001% for a one month period, as long as you contact us prior to April 15, 2020 to request the lowered rate. At the end of the one month period, interest rates will return to FirstBank’s standard rate in effect at that time. As of March 19, 2020, the APR is 16.65% for personal credit cards and the APR for personal cash reserves with balances less than $10,000 is 14.15%. Impacted customers, who do not currently have a credit card or cash reserve, can apply and will be provided the same offer, provided they meet the bank’s credit requirements.
**Interest rate accommodations will be offered to impacted customers who contact FirstBank prior to April 15, 2020. New customers will need to open a deposit account in order to access a cash reserve line of credit. A minimum monthly payment on both credit cards and cash reserves will still be required, but it will be allocated entirely to the principal amount as no interest will be charged.
First Western Trust Bank
- Tips and advice: Communicate with those in your “supply chain” or business network (employees, suppliers/vendors and clients). Nearly everyone is impacted by the situation. Now is the time to be as thoughtful as possible when it comes to scarce resources, open communication generally helps everyone.
- Loan Deferral Programs: For existing customers, we are evaluating the situation on a case-by-case basis. The bank is considering broader programs, but nothing has been finalized as of this writing.
The SBA and Federal government will likely play a big role during this event. Understanding of any national program will be important, so when something is agreed upon and made available, read it thoroughly. Additionally, communication with you peers, friends, CPAs, banks, mentors and local chamber can also generate different ways of solving an issue.
A loan or line of credit in this situation may be a useful tool. Having a well thought out plan and understanding how any additional debt will be repaid is important. Most loan programs will require some amount of basic information (personal financial statement, business income statement, balance sheet, ownership structure). Preparing that information now may streamline things in the future. Finally, in challenging times, scammers and fraudsters make their way onto the scene. Be careful who you are dealing with and make sure they are reputable.
For our Private Banking clients:
- Using our online account accessor mobile app, you can easily to view account history, perform transfers, initiate bill payments, and make deposits and much more. If you haven’t enrolled in our consumer online access, it only takes a few minutes and can be found here.
- For access to short-term cash, we encourage you to use any ATM worldwide at no additional cost.Our private bankers are also available to adjust your daily ATM or Point of Sale (POS) limits in real time to accommodate your immediate needs.
- For larger cash transactions, simply contact your private banker to arrange a transaction in any of our office locations.
For our Commercial Banking clients:
- Our iWealth Business Banking, remote depositand Business App services provide access and services to assist with your commercial banking needs.
- For more information about accessing our online and app-based commercial banking services, simply contact your private banker for information and enrollment options.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can help. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to assisting you.
Small business owners:
Beginning Friday, March 13, 2020 we have temporarily reduced pricing on our Quick Loan and Cash Flow Manager. Both are available via online banking, mobile app, call centers and branches.
- Quick Loan (general business purpose): $5,000 to $250,000 with terms from 12 to 84 months at an interest rate 2% lower than the standard rate for which the business would qualify.
- Cash Flow Manager (secured & unsecured): An on-demand line of credit of $10,000 to $250,000 at an interest rate 1% lower than the standard rate for which the business would qualify.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for businesses impacted by COVID-19. SBA disaster assistance loans are processed directly by the SBA Office of Disaster Assistance.
Please visit a Payment Assistance document for Wells Fargo clients who have an existing SBA loan. We also offer deferred payments on conventional (non-SBA) loans too. Any customer with an existing Wells Fargo SBA loan has access to a 90 day payment deferment- and possibly another 90 days. At 90 days, the current conditions will be evaluated and a decision will be made whether to extend deferments for an additional 90 days.
Wells Fargo can also help with Disaster Assistance Resource. Business owners can apply directly at SBA.gov/disaster the SBA will be offering loans through their economic injury loan program to qualifying businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19. That program is directly through the SBA and there will be no bank involvement in those loans. To track the latest information available or ask questions, customers can go to https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19, call 1-800-659-2955 or email email@example.com