The Vail Daily and Vail Valley Partnership are joining together in a program aptly named Open for Business.
Open for Business seeks to accomplish four goals:
- Communicate to the community what businesses are open and their current offerings
- Reinforce the message to shop local to support local business
- Support the local business community to facilitate recovery
- Keep all appropriate health safety measure top of mind
Here is a summary of the available no cost resources to help achieve these goals:
On-Line Community Billboard/Vail Daily In-Paper Listings
The Open for Business Community Billboard is housed on vaildaily.com, VailValleyPartnership.com and other local chambers in Eagle County. The Community Bulletin Board will be heavily promoted across many channels.
Businesses can go to vaildaily.secondstreetapp.com/Community-Bulletin-Board/ and click the appropriate category. Input basic data about your business name, address, phone number, website, email, FB page and a short description of current offerings, hours, etc. Once the listing is inputted and would like to make changes, please email Kaylee Porter firstname.lastname@example.org with changes.
This database will also be used to populate a rotating list of local businesses and their offerings in the Vail Daily print edition each day.
Open for Business – Business Profiles with KZYR & Vail Daily
The Vail Daily’s Tricia Swenson is looking for businesses for a daily Open for Business profile that will run in the Vail Daily and on vaildaily.com. See the recent example for La Tour here. Use the attached document to answer Tricia Swenson’s questions and email it back with photos to email@example.com.
97.7 KZYR & 104.7 KKVM invite all local businesses on a first come first serve basis to come on air for a 2-5 minute interview on the current status of your business. Tell the community what changes you have made due to the COVID 19 crisis. Steve Leigh and Tony Mauro will conduct interviews that will air on both radio stations to help you get the word out regarding the current status of your business. We feel it is important to help get the message out for local businesses and keep our local economy moving forward. Please contact Gary Schwedt at Garys@KZYR.com or call 970.688.0903.
Let’s all work together to assure that businesses and our customers adhere to all health recommendations while we work on a measured approach to rebuilding our economy.
Here are some ways to continue supporting small and local business during this unprecedented time:
- Give the Gift of Business: Buy a gift card to use at a later date, shop locally online when possible, or order take out from local restaurants.
- Keep Your Subscription: To the gym, exercise class, painting class, music and dance lessons, etc. Many small businesses rely on your support to keep their doors open and pay their bills. Your continued support can save that business!
- Buy Now, Pick Up Later: If you were planning to make a purchase, call the business to see if you can still make the purchase but pick it up later.
- Ask How You Can Help: Contact your friends who own a business and see how you can help.
- If You Do Feel Well and Go Out: Consider a generous tip for services that you utilize, be kind and offer a smile, keep your distance, and wash your hands.
- Prepare for the Change in Seasons: Schedule a spring cleaning, get your spring and summer gear tuned…stay positive that spring is nearing!