Listing Expires on 01/16/2023
As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Our Sales Manager is responsible for (yet not limited to):
- Developing thorough working knowledge of all Vail, Beaver Creek and Crested Butte owned and operated venues and activities.
- Developing relationships with resort partner hotel community and collaborating on finding, presenting and securing group mutually beneficial village-wide opportunities.
- Working with our Director of Sales, Associate Director of Sales and Revenue Management team to implement sales strategy, maximize revenue and drive customer loyalty through delivering service excellence with each customer experience.
- Intentionality around connecting with a broader guest population and how we thoughtfully activate each step of our guest journey.
- Understanding the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.
- Working collectively between local and National Sales Teams to ensure the resort needs are being achieved and sales efforts are complementary.
- Being a liaison to our National Sales Team with site tours.
- Providing a customer centric approach while negotiating group business through proactive sales efforts (sales calls, prospecting, networking), upselling, preparing proposals, contracting and providing timely and accurate turn over to our service teams.
- Building and strengthening relationships with key account customers to secure multi-year agreements for Vail, Beaver Creek and Crested Butte.
- Uncovering all lines of business opportunities for our resorts and greater portfolio. All lines of business include: Hotel and Property management lodging and banquet venues, in-resort seasonal activities: lift tickets, ski/ride school, on mountain dining, ground transportation through Epic Mountain Express for Vail and Beaver Creek and more.
- Ensures all sales collateral is current, accurate and portrays a professional image for the marketplace.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop sense of place, group experiences to increase sales.
- Organizes, facilitates and participates in FAM tours.
- Effectively utilizes SalesForce for customer contact, trace and file systems. Keeps all information current and updated with client notes including logging of sales activities (calls, meetings, etc) in each account.
- Partner with the Service and Operations teams in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customers’ expectations.
- Delivering on customer commitments, visiting with groups during pre-cons, while in-house and following up after contracting, during planning and after departure to ensure re-booking.
- Pivots to support cross-enterprise priorities as needed.
- Being out front by considering ways our department can be more efficient and guest centric.
- Other duties as assigned by Sales Leadership team, including: critical thinking, leading through change, navigating complex situations and solutions with inclusivity.
- Candidate must be located in Eagle County.
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round
- Outlet: Vail, Beaver Creek and Crested Butte
- Location: Eagle County, CO
- Alignment with company values and guest centric approach.
- Highly organized with an emphasis on attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Effectively manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office and Salesforce/Delphi experience as an asset.
- Contribute to the health and strength of a dynamic team culture.
- Proven track record of sales skills and success.
- Achieve and/or exceed team and individual revenue goals across all lines of business.
- Implement sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Client entertainment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Two years of Sales experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Delphi preferred
- English proficiency
- Guest centric approach
- Having a growth mindset with an inclination to consider possibilities
- Strong, effective and timely verbal and written communications skills
- Good listening abilities
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow multiple SOPs
- Ability to stay organized while managing multiple groups simultaneously
The budgeted range starts at $47,100 – $68,175. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance