Roundup River Ranch
Listing Expires on 12/31/2020
Title: Volunteer Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Volunteer and Emergency Planning Manager
Status: Full time, year round, hourly position
The Volunteer Administrative Coordinator will further the mission of Roundup River Ranch through the coordination and support of volunteers. This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of the volunteer program, including but not limited to, the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training and supervision of volunteers; full compliance with all applicable standards; and ensuring that volunteers are intentionally trained and physically able and willing to perform the duties assigned to them. All duties are performed both on-line and on-site.
- Ensure all volunteer programs support the mission, vision and values of Roundup River Ranch
- Serve as an ambassador for Roundup River Ranch at development, community, and recruitment events
- Work closely with the Volunteer and Emergency Planning Manager to ensure the coordination of volunteer needs are met throughout the organization
- Volunteer Selection – recruit, interview (including reference checks and criminal background checks), select, and support both individual and groups of volunteers for camp programs
- Design and facilitate volunteer orientation including training materials
- Supervise volunteers including evaluation and communicating needs to leadership staff
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation at camp, between seasons/sessions, and through Friends of Camp events
- Maintain volunteer database
- Ensure State of Colorado requirements, SeriousFun Children’s Network criteria and American Camp Association standards are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for Roundup River Ranch mission
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in a supervisory role and/or volunteer management
- Computer proficiency and practical experience in word processing, database and internet navigation
- Proven organizational and administrative abilities
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
- Evening and weekend work required
The Volunteer Coordinator position requires long days during camp sessions/events and while volunteers are scheduled (in coordination with other key members of staff). Overnight accommodates are available when needed. Furthermore, the Volunteer Coordinator will be expected to make a positive contribution to the camp culture and will assist in the day to day operations of camp as needed. The schedule of this position will change throughout the year to accommodate volunteer support. This may include weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Roundup River Ranch camp staff will be expected to:
- Be able to identify emergency situations, either by seeing them happen, hearing cries for help, or hearing the emergency alert siren and bell.
- Have the strength, endurance, and physical skills to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations, according to written emergency procedures and plans, which may include callings for help, running distances up to a half-mile, and watching to see if campers are responding appropriately.
- Be able to demonstrate or participate in camp activities as they supervise and instruct campers: this will require the ability to walk, sit, climb, kneel, crouch, stoop, and stand.
- Be able to move items (such as canoes, archery and sports equipment, craft supplies, etc.) around in the program areas, and collect firewood: this will require the strength and mobility to push, pull, lift, and carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the strength and stamina to maintain supervision of volunteers and campers for the duration of the season. Such supervision requires the ability to observe what others are doing when in proximity, and the ability to hear what others are saying when nearby by not necessarily within direct visual contact. Stamina includes the ability to remain alert, friendly, courteous, and patient.
Applicants are asked to complete an online application. The application may be accessed through our website at www.RoundupRiverRanch.org.