Roundup River Ranch
Listing Expires on 05/18/2022
Lead Cook – Career Growth Opportunity!
Roundup River Ranch is more than just a place to work – you’ll be based in the heart of our spectacular camp setting where you’ll have a front row seat to watch all the fun of camp, from the comfort of our modern and spacious on-site offices. Campers are number one at Roundup River Ranch and we know that without our team of valued staff, we can’t deliver our important Mission. When you become a part of our team, you too can help to make a difference in the lives of children with serious illnesses and their families.
This is a seasonal position from May – August. This position pays an bi-weekly salary of $2,307 ($60,000 annualized).
We are currently hiring for a Sous Chef. Highlights of the position include:
- Ensure all aspects of kitchen are organized and sanitary daily.
- Support food deliveries and proper storage of goods.
- Assist with food preparation, meal production, and meal service for meals and snacks for up to 200 as assigned
- Oversee meal production as assigned by Food Services Manager.
- Support daily maintenance of kitchen equipment and systems (i.e. ensure completion of daily cleaning/sanitizing schedules, temperature logs, chemicals, etc.)
- Work with kitchen staff and volunteers assigned to kitchen in daily and session duties.
- Support individual dietary needs/concerns of families and campers while at camp at directed by Food Services Manager.
- Work closely with the Assistant Camp Director and Food Services Manager to support dietary needs in all aspects of camp including Residential Life, Program, and Medical teams.
- Teach and assist camp staff and volunteers in safe and sanitary meal set up, service, and clean up.
- Follow State of Colorado requirements, SeriousFun Children’s Network criteria and American Camp Association standards effectively.
To become a part of this sought after team, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Culinary degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years leadership experience preferred
- ServeSafe Certification
- Ability to work in a facility that is smoke free, tobacco free, drug free (including medical and recreation marijuana), and alcohol free
- Knowledge of special diets is beneficial
- Be able to Implement best practices to ensure that special diets are met, cross contamination is prevented, and high-risk population is kept safe.
If you think this vacancy sounds like you, and you’d like to learn more, visit our Career page to read the full job description, and to submit your online application.
Don’t delay – apply today! We receive large numbers of applications for every position that we post. If you think this vacancy sounds like you, and you’d like to learn more, we’ll be reaching out to the most qualified candidates soon. Visit our Culinary Career page via to read the full job description, and to submit your online application.