Listing Expires on 05/01/2021
Overview: Fun and engaging paid position available! Sacred Cycle is seeking dynamic cycling coaches to work 1:1 with our 2021 program participants in Colorado’s Roaring Fork Valley and Eagle River Valley. This is a unique opportunity to not only coach and inspire, but to work with a team to help change the course of someone’s life forever! Coaches work directly with Sacred Cycle’s program director to help engage, inspire, and support clients in our programs. Ideal candidates have previous coaching and/or mentoring experience, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to interact with diverse individuals and respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy, empathy and compassion. Our coaches build skills through riding and empowerment.
Role and Primary Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 3 monthly 1:1 rides (90min) with participants.
- We give priority to coaches that can commit to riding with a client all season
- Participate in a minimum of 1 skills clinic per season
- Participate in one community ride per month
- Apply trauma-informed care practices when necessary (training provided)
- Initial phone meeting with participants to establish season goals and plan first ride (½ hour).
- Monthly check-ins with participant coordinator – via Zoom or Phone
- Twice monthly check-ins with Bike Coach Liaison
Ambassador: *All team members*
- Be an advocate of the Sacred Cycle Mission: “We empower female survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault across Colorado through therapy and mountain biking, creating a sacred cycle of recovery, personal development, and community impact.”
- When you are representing us, work with Sacred Cycle’s Vision in your heart as it pull us into the future daily: “Sacred Cycle aspires to empower sexually abused and assaulted survivors, residing in Colorado, by providing a safe community to support their healing. Through a combination of therapy and wilderness therapy clients discover and breakthrough barriers to become more confident in their personal recovery journey. Through this healing cycle, survivors become an empowering force to help other survivors.”
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Share, comment, like our social channel content! Linked In Instagram Facebook
- List your volunteerism on LinkedIn and connect to Sacred Cycle
- Be able to coach within Eagle River Valley and/or Roaring Fork Valley
- Level 1 instructor certification required (PMBIA, Terramethod IDP, IMPBA’s ICP, or other accredited program)
- Valid CPR card and basic first-aid (8 hour course) required (Wilderness First Responder preferred )
- Demonstrated intermediate-level road and mountain biking abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sports instruction/coaching/guiding experience strongly preferred
- Ability to coach our clients to help them achieve their goals.
- Good instruction skills to demonstrate and instruct basic bike skills
- Commitment to the highest standards of ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven and guided by core values.
- Basic understanding of issues that affect survivors of sexual trauma.
- Bonus: Bilingual, Spanish-speaking
Term: Ongoing May 1 – Sept 30, 2021
- Initial onboarding call: 30 minutes
- Initial coaching team meeting: 2 hours
- Ongoing May 1 – Sept 30, 2021 – hours will be based on how many coaching sessions you choose to pick up. Participants ride with a coach 3x/per month minimum.
Rate: $25 per hour. This is a contract position – paid for coaching time & team communications.
We believe a diversified staff makes us a stronger team.
Please provide a resume and non-profit experience.