Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley
Listing Expires on 05/31/2021
A Job That Matters
This is not just a job! We are changing people’s lives. Through our work, we help families find a path to strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. Our homeowners move from unsafe, often overcrowded and expensive living conditions to beautiful, yet simple, decent and affordable homes. And, we get to be a part of their journey. Join us!
The ReStore Donations Ambassador/Driver is a full-time or part-time member of the Habitat ReStore team whose responsibilities focus on supporting the ReStore team with the physical flow of donations, maintenance of equipment, assisting with sales and store operations, working with volunteers, and providing a safe, clean shopping experience for customers.
- Safely drive truck to pick up locations.
- Load and unload all donated materials.
- Act as Habitat Ambassador, providing information to any donors about Habitat events, home building, and other opportunities to support Habitat.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and lead volunteers and community service persons in a positive, safe, and educational manner.
- Collaborate with team to coordinate large donation pick-ups and maintain an organized, professional, and careful plan for each donation.
- Work daily with Procurement Manager to preview schedule and make plans for where inventory will need to be placed.
- Keep trucks clean and stocked with moving equipment, organized, and fueled.
- Clean and maintain orderliness of loading dock, making space for incoming donations.
- Price inventory and move items to sales floor.
- Screen and accept or decline walk in donations.
- Lead volunteers with tasks on the truck and in the store, providing consistent guidance.
- Provide a positive shopping and volunteering experience for customers and volunteers.
- Know all sales policies and explain them clearly (pricing, holds, returns, etc.)
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and at least 1 year of driving experience.
- Driving record must not contain any class A violations in the last 5 years and no more than 3 moving violations or any suspensions or revocations in the last 3 years.
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to safely drive box truck and forklift.
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore or donor locations. Work may require climbing ladders and stairs, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment and accurately make change.
Skills and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of six month’s work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good anticipatory abilities and personally act on same as need arises.
- Commitment to the big picture of the HFH mission and understanding that the ReStore is a part of a larger goal.