The Steadman Clinic
Listing Expires on 03/15/2021
The Laboratory Manager for ProofPoint Biologics (PPB) Laboratory is responsible for the daily operations of the plasma rich platelet laboratory, supervising operations and quality control, and ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. The Lab Manager complies with the FDA guidelines and regulations set forth by the governing agencies, including CLIA.
Classification: full time, exempt position with benefits
Location: multiple CO based locations
Salary: starting at $80,000/yr. DOE
Start date: asap
- Maintain laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards.
- Operate, test and calibrate analytical instruments, equipment and related components, which may be extremely delicate and sensitive; makes adjustments and resolves new and unusual problems.
- Plan, direct and implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory.
- Review data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and sign off on all SOPs.
- Responsible to keep the Laboratory Director appraised of significant events in the PPB laboratory which impact operations and compliance.
- Lead regulatory audits.
- Ensure that corrective actions are taken for identified errors, and that corrective actions are evaluated for their effectiveness and ability to prevent a recurrence.
- Manage and train lab staff and ensure that they receive the on-going appropriate training for the complexity of services offered by the laboratory.
- Requires travel to all TSC Colorado-based locations to provide procedural, compliance and management oversight of PRP services.
- Provide a safe environment that protects employees from physical, chemical and/or biological hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or health care related field required.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years laboratory management and hematology experience required.
- Past experience in leading a COLA / CLIA audit required.
- Effective data trending, document control and technical bench skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of procedures, policies and documentation required to ensure compliance with standards of care.
- Proven history of excellent organization, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work independently, and manage time effectively.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Company 401k Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Referral Program Incentive
- Parking available
- And more!