Shaeffer Hyde Construction
Listing Expires on 12/14/2021
This position acts as the liaison between the office and the field. Responsibility is to plan and execute specific construction projects and oversee their progress along the way and deliver an end product that is in alignment with our quality standards. Specifically, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects, or services by performing the following duties.
Job Essential Duties:
- Estimating support and Quality Control
- Permit / DRB applications
- Finish and construction schedules
- Billing – Coding field tickets and entry of subcontractor invoices into our accounting software. This would entail processing and analyzing the monthly subcontractor billing as well as change order approval and tracking.
- Subcontractor buyouts, writing subcontractor contracts, subcontractor insurance, and safety compliance tracking
- Material orders
- Payroll support
- Cost and budget management for ongoing projects
- Job closeout
- Meeting agenda and notes
- Review construction documents to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Analyze and understand construction systems, write bid specifications, and provide value engineering and alternate constructions systems for the various scopes of work being reviewed.
- Compute’s cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, analyzing and qualifying subcontractor /supplier bids, contract negotiations, and determining cost-effectiveness for projects.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hours and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Attention to detail / accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and organizational skills
- Deliver high-quality work in a deadline filled environment
- Problem-solving skill sets
- Must be VERY computer literate and be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Careers in Construction