HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley
Listing Expires on 09/06/2019
The intake coordinator is the first point of contact for new referrals to Hospice and Home Health or Private Duty. This position, per state regulations, requires either an LPN or an RN to complete the duties. The intake coordinator manages the registration process of Hospice and Home Health patients or Private Duty clients. Responsibilities as an intake coordinator include gathering patient records, taking medical histories, and obtaining any insurance information from the patient.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Answers questions or appropriately directs calls regarding new patients and private duty consumers
- Collects information regarding all new patient to include:
- demographic information
- insurance information
- patients’/consumers’ needs
- ideal schedule
- accurate call-back numbers
- Determines if we can meet the needs of the patient/consumer
- Confirm that staff is available to meet the needs of the patient/consumer
- Communicate staffing needs to the scheduler
- Scan all received documents of the new referral and file electronically
- Maintains interactive referral list for staff
- Process the admission when confirmation of admission is received from the clinician
- Possesses current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Colorado.
- Current CPR verification.
- Minimum one year of work experience as an intake or admissions professional, preferably in a home health or hospice setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of various Microsoft applications
- One year of experience with Electronic Medical Records system
- Provide proof of liability insurance on personal vehicle
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a fingerprint-based criminal history background check through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- CO LPN (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visit us on indeed to apply online.
Call 970.930.6008 for more information.