The Steadman Clinic
Listing Expires on 12/31/2019
The Steadman Clinic is seeking a MRI Flex Technologist to join their growing team in Summit and Eagle County. The MRI Technologist will perform diagnostic MRI procedures according to established protocols or physician’s special instructions. Communicates effectively with staff, physicians, patients and their families. Maintains accurate patient and department records.
Schedule: Days vary, 35-40hrs. per week depending on business needs, including weekends. Available to work rotation shifts on a full time basis status.
Location: All locations (Vail and Frisco), traveling is required.
- Properly identifies and transports (as needed) patients to and from MRI scan room as needed.
- Interviews and screen patients for contraindications. Consultation with supervisor radiologist or attending physicians as needed.
- Performs MRI studies; obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns. Prepares equipment and supplies as needed for each study. Ensures that emergency requests are performed on a timely basis appropriate to the nature of the emergency.
- Positions patient, attaches or adjusts immobilization devices as needed. practices sterile techniques and monitors patient movement and positioning to ensure that the patient is handled in a medically safe manner.
- Adjusts and operates MRI equipment to scan designated anatomical area in a safe and effective manner for operator and patient following MRI safety protocols.
- Reviews and evaluates completed scans for quality, completeness and type of test ordered. Ensure quality images are available for radiologist labeled correctly with patient identification and other information to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Assists in review and update of technical protocols and scheduling procedures for studies in the MRI department as requested.
Attributes and Qualifications:
- Graduate of 24-month AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, National Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required and licensure as ARRT MRI registry or registry eligible.
- Two years experience required.
- Excellent organization, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven history of ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment; excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work independently, and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated problem solving and work flow management skills required.
- Must be energetic, quality driven and have proven ability to be productive member of a cohesive team of peers dedicated to providing optimum patient care.
- Must maintain a professional attitude towards patients and an excellent and collegial working relationship with other Steadman Clinic, Steadman-Philippon Research Institute, and hospital personnel in involved in delivering patient care.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement Plan match up to 4%
- Four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) in year one
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Referral Program Incentive
- Ski Pass Bonus
- Paid parking and free shuttle services
- And more!
To learn more and to apply go to: https://www.thesteadmanclinic.com/about-our-clinic/employment