Garfield & Hecht, P.C.
Listing Expires on 08/15/2022
Garfield & Hecht is looking for a full-time legal assistant in their Avon office!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; drafts standard correspondence, and other documents as required by the attorneys and paralegals and staff.
- Provides customer service to incoming clients, vendors and colleagues through email, telephone, voicemail and provides timely and effective follow-up and follow-through on outstanding matters.
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery.
- Establishes and maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems; utilizes master calendar system.
- Opens new files, requests conflict of interest checks with file room records, and maintains all client and general files. Conducts periodic review for possible storage of older files; prepares files to be closed.
- Receives clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Makes appointments for attorney(s).
- Processes bills; proofs billing sheets; review and edits billing and may assist with collection calls.
- Works closely with administrative support staff (word processing, reprographics, receptionists, etc.); proofs documents returned from word processing; ensures that attorney time sheets are provided to appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Performs legal assistant duties as requested. Answers Firm Phones for all offices, manages switchboard.
- Orders all office supplies for the office. Cleans Kitchen, Refrigerator, and dishes. Stocks all supplies including paper in the copy machines
- Credit Card Processing from Clients
- Word Processing and various document management and filing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Customer service oriented must have experience working directly with customers
- Excellent organizational and communication skill
- Keen attention to details
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operations of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 1+ year related experience.
- Quality Control – The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, Certifications etc:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, Quick books and presentation software.
- Full time; Monday to Friday 9 – 5 w Hour Lunch
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Contact Erin Cook – email@example.com