Listing Expires on 11/30/2019
Individual Giving and Events Manager
About Bravo! Vail
The Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks, drawing music lovers from around the world. As stewards of exceptional orchestral and chamber music in the Vail Valley, Bravo! Vail is also proud to continue the tradition of providing the very best education programs to youth and adults.
Bravo! Vail Mission: Bravo! Vail enriches people’s lives through the power of music by: • Producing the finest performances by the greatest artists; • Fostering music education; • Promoting a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
Bravo! Vail Vision: Once in a lifetime musical experiences. Each and every time.
Bravo! Vail Values: • Advances excellence; • Shares artistic passion; • Acts with integrity and respect; • Embraces collaboration.
Bravo! Vail’s administration is a tight-knit, collaborative group of happy, active people who value each other as team members. Each department at Bravo! Vail takes great pride in their work, while also taking great pleasure in the unique Vail lifestyle. The relaxed, dog-friendly office is full of camaraderie (and snacks), and during the summer while the festival is on, the work is intense and the energy is infectious.
The Individual Giving and Events Manager’s primary responsibilities include donor cultivation and solicitation and the successful planning, coordination and execution of all Bravo patron events, dinners, soirées and the annual Gala.
Success for this position will be defined by:
- Management of a portfolio of individual donors and leading all stages of donor engagement including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Execution of elegant events including every step of planning process (e. securing venues, rentals, caterers, menu selection, etc.) that result it high patron satisfaction
- Execution of events within the established budget parameters
- Reaching fundraising goals for Gala Revenue Goals and Soiree Host Donations
The Individual Giving and Events Manager is responsible for assisting the Development Department year-round on all fundraising efforts including research, proposals, donor fulfillment, records management and direct mail as needed.
- Create and maintain master events schedule in ArtsVisionand Outlook, track other organizations’ major events and date conflicts
- Manage and monitor event budgets to ensure financial goals are achieved
- Manage event logistics (including all planning, set up, execution and follow up) of patron events, specifically orchestra receptions, Borgen Patron Plaza receptions, Donor Appreciation, Golden Circle Soirée, Soirée Series, Gala, Classically Uncorked and more
- Secure venues, sign contracts, setup Tessitura, create invitation lists, oversee invitation distribution, manage RSVP list, communicate with vendors, execute events on-site, complete event follow-up and payment
- Plan, manage and execute annual Gala
- Solicit auction items, create auction booklet and/or event program, photo catalogue, and online auction
- Serve as main point of contact for designated auction software company
- Meet annual auction revenue goal, secure payment, assist donors in follow up and securing of all auction items
- Serve as staff liaison to Gala committee; work directly with event co-chairs and full committee to execute their vision for the event; create and distribute agendas for Gala committee
- Solidify Special Event Permits through appropriate Liquor Board for Soiree Series, Chamber Series and Classically Uncorked series
- Oversee hiring and management of seasonal interns
- Build ongoing relationships with event attendees and vendors
- Identify viable donor prospects and develop and execute plans to engage and monitor them through personal visits, special appeals and campaigns, events and planned giving
- Communicate persuasively and professionally through personal visits, written proposals, appeal letters, email and telephone
- Responsible for a continuing program of donor acknowledgement including appreciation and recognition to ensure a high-quality donor experience
- Assist with the planned giving program by securing bequests and endowment gifts
- Provide regular reports regarding corporate sponsorship status to the Development Department, regarding the success of fundraising efforts
- Work effectively with diverse constituencies and stakeholders including donors, board members, staff and volunteers
- Represent Bravo! Vail at concerts, fundraising and stewardship events, town council meetings and to other organizations
- Work with Corporate and Individual Giving Manager to maintain existing relationships and secure new corporate partners, both cash and in-kind
- Research prospects, create proposals, and execute partnership details and benefits, annual renewal year over year
- Assist Director of Development with partnership renewals and new partnership proposals
- Prepare end of season materials and final reports for all event partners
- Assist Executive Director, Chief Financial/Administrative Officer and Director of Development with special projects or tasks as assigned
- Participate in all Development Department mailings and fundraising activities
- Attend all necessary events and performances
- Attend board and applicable committee meetings
- Assist with any office items as required
- Perform duties under the supervision of the Director of Development to ensure guidelines are being followed.
- Arrive to office, scheduled events and other meetings on time.
- A minimum of 3 years of fundraising event experience (Sponsorship sales, ticket sales, silent and live auctions, and paddle raise.)
- A minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience working with donors and prospects to secure annual gifts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience with fundraising software systems (Tessitura preferred)
Salary DOE. Bravo! Vail offers a very generous benefits package.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Individual Giving and Events Manager Position