The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Listing Expires on 08/31/2021
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a Group Sales Manager to join our team!
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for managing accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and ensuring all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting past and new business.
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals as established by management.
- Direct Sales: Targets results oriented high revenue potential partnerships locally and nationally to ensure successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan
- New Account Development: Captures competitor’s accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business. Continually targets new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation and research.
- Acquires referrals from existing accounts: Follows up on all leads within 24 hours of receipt in an effort to create new business for the resort.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Product Knowledge: Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize in hotel’s strengths and competitor’s weaknesses and capabilities.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum of 90% of work time on direct sales efforts.
- Work in conjunction with The Director of Sales & Marketing to develop a marketing strategy for specific marketing by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue in rooms and catering to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Host client events and site tours to showcase benefits of resort and build client relationships.
- Participates in problem solving with other departments as required, related to business, including space conflicts, potential cancellations and compromises between client needs and resort.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa – Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $65K starting plus quarterly commission potential
- Hotel Group Sales experience in a luxury hotel environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in hospitality management or business or like asset; OR four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests in a friendly and positive manner both in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to meet/exceed client needs, while supporting business goals of resort through strong probing and negotiation skills
- Ability resolve complaints
- Knowledge of departmental interaction and organizational structure in
a hospitality context.
- Self motivated and competitive drive required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance – Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture