Listing Expires on 08/31/2022
Gravity Haus is an inclusive community that enables an active lifestyle – the seamless merging of work, play, and outdoor adventures. We believe in asking three questions:
Is it good for you?
Is it good for the planet?
Is it an amazing experience?
Based in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, we’re enabling world-class experiences for the modern adventurer, specializing in uniquely designed guest rooms, functional co-working spaces, holistic training and recovery programs, and thoughtfully crafted food and beverage offerings – all curated with a focus on sustainability, connections with nature, and our unique brand of “haus-pitality.” With properties in Winter Park, Vail, Breckenridge, and Truckee-Tahoe and future developments in the works in Aspen and several other world class destinations, we’re rapidly broadening our reach and poised to double the size of our workforce over the next 24 months.
With this momentum comes the need to make sure we’re scaling our team, culture and operations in line with our vision, values, and goals. That’s where you come in. You’re a resourceful, entrepreneurially-minded leader in the food and beverage community who’s eager for the opportunity to build and create. You’re driven by the ability to make an enormous impact, while learning from and collaborating with exceptional colleagues. You’ll draw on your skills and experience to help us refine our restaurant operations, develop passionate team members, and foster a culture that turns excited and new candidates into driven and invested team members, that serves as a sustainable competitive advantage as we expand. Reporting to Gravity Haus Vail’s Food and Beverage Director you’ll work closely with the Executive Chef, and Gravity Haus’ Corporate Director of Food & Beverage to develop and lead the property’s approach to all things Food & Beverage, building Vail’s greatest fine dining restaurant.
More About You:
- You’ve led restaurant operations within a fast-moving, high-growth, high-standards environment, with at least 3 years experience in a high quality restaurant operation.
- You have a “lead from the front” approach and are a hands-on leader.
- You have a sense of ownership that identifies pain points in operations steps in to fill voids and build infrastructure for future success and stability.
- You’re a resourceful, self-motivated leader who’s comfortable navigating ambiguity and carving a new path with minimal direction.
- You have demonstrated success building a high-expectation service program in the food & beverage and/or hospitality industry.
- You’re able to adapt dynamically to shifting internal and external conditions.
- You have strong leadership acumen that you use to align culture and standards initiatives with the company’s overall strategic direction.
- You develop and empower pipeline talent.
- You have excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships with team members and community members.
- You’re a true team player who can set your ego aside and find win-for-all solutions.
- You can anticipate future trends, evaluate historical data, and adjust accordingly.
- You have an appreciation for and commitment to the outdoors, sustainability, and your own personal growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a strategic partner to the restaurant’s Executive Chef and F&B Director, collaborating to realize the company’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Develop, implement, and iterate on programs and initiatives aimed at culture-building, employee training and development, service standards, menu creation, expense and cost management, all with an eye toward affirming the company’s cultural and fiscal successes as well as the value of its member experience.
- Know and manage in accordance with the annual departmental operating budget.
- Own financial performance of the outlet, including being an active driver of marketing, sales, events and promotions.
- Along with the Private Events Manager, build, plan, and execute a Private Events program in a newly remodeled Private Dining room, lounge, and the restaurant space itself.
- Collaborate with the events team to create, plan, and host member and community events for our Vail and GH-wide community.
- Engage with Chef and Bar Manager on a constant basis for menu creation and development.
- Act as a floor/shift manager and assist in daily operations as needed to ensure successful service.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation, consisting of a base salary of $65k-$85k (depending on experience).
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including a company contribution of 50%. Voluntary FSA and HSA spending account contribution. Voluntary supplemental insurance including Life and AD&D, Aflac, Metlife, Farmers Home & Auto, Legal, Pet, and Disability.
- 401(k) program with 50% employer match up to 3% (when you contribute 6%)
- Progressive “take what you need” discretionary time off policy.
- Complimentary room nights at GH hotels, increasing with tenure.
- Paid Parental leave program.
- Support for professional development opportunities.
- Access to all Gravity Haus membership benefits, including discounted stays at our properties and hotel partners, a family Gravity Haus membership, and access to premium outdoor gear from top brands through Haus Quiver
- Executive off-sites at our properties, consisting of fun outdoor activities
- Annual company trip to Moab.
This role is a full-time on-property position, with community relationships being key to success. The team should feel fully supported and led by you. The Vail community should hold you in high regard and because of such, see Gravity Haus Vail as a local pillar of the community.
Gravity Haus is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse team and inclusive work environment. Our mission includes enabling access to the outdoors for all. We welcome and encourage candidates from historically marginalized communities to apply.
Apply Online or visit Gravity Haus Vail in-person to inquire.