Listing Expires on 02/10/2019
About Bravo! Vail
The Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks, drawing music lovers from around the world. As stewards of exceptional orchestral and chamber music in the Vail Valley, Bravo! Vail is also proud to continue the tradition of providing the very best education programs to youth and adults.
Bravo! Vail Mission: Bravo! Vail enriches people’s lives through the power of music by: • Producing the finest performances by the greatest artists; • Fostering music education; • Promoting a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
Bravo! Vail Vision: Once in a lifetime musical experiences. Each and every time.
Bravo! Vail Values: • Advances excellence; • Shares artistic passion; • Acts with integrity and respect; • Embraces collaboration.
Bravo! Vail’s administration is a tight-knit, collaborative group of happy, active people who value each other as team members. Each department at Bravo! Vail takes great pride in their work, while also taking great pleasure in the unique Vail lifestyle. The relaxed, dog-friendly office is full of camaraderie (and snacks), and during the summer while the festival is on, the work is intense and the energy is infectious.
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing daily operations of the Development Department, including all fundraising efforts. More specifically, this means meeting and exceeding budget goals on all major fundraising campaigns, including but not limited to individual giving, orchestral funding, education, corporate and special projects. The Director of Development oversees department employees, all grant application and reporting processes, and the execution of donor events, specifically the Soirée Series, Gala dinner, orchestra receptions, artist dinners, and donor receptions. In collaboration with the VP of Philanthropy, The Director of Development creates project budgets and the annual fundraising plan and assesses fundraising status. The Director of Development provides support to the Executive Director and VP of Philanthropy and to the Operations, Marketing and Finance teams.
- Internal – Development Department
- Oversee daily operations of Development Department;
- Manage department employees: Individual and Corporate Giving Manager, Database Manager, Development and Events Manager, and Development Associate; Assist with individual team member progress, evaluation, and professional development;
- Oversee grant application process and final reporting;
- Oversee interview/hiring process of Development Department employees;
- In conjunction with Executive Director, VP of Finance and VP of Philanthropy, create and oversee all departmental fundraising goals.
- In conjunction with VP of Philanthropy, confirm accuracy of all donor recognition listings;
- Oversee planning, direction and execution of annual fund drive and regular mailings, including composing fundraising letters, email components and personalizing letters;
- Ensure all donor events are executed on time, accurately and within budget;
- Maintain and oversee all departmental expense budgets and provide accurate monthly and annual projections.
- Maintain individual portfolio of approximately 100 major and mid-level donors;
- With VP of Philanthropy, create personalized proposals for major individual donors for annual and restricted gifts;
- Actively solicit new donors and research donor background information for personalized gifts;
- With VP of Philanthropy, create and execute comprehensive Annual Fundraising Plan, including print and electronic mailings, composing letters, identification of segments, communications and crossover with Marketing, campaign descriptions, strategic approach, KPIs, Ways to Give, Fundraising Status Report and any other essential information;
- Oversee cultivation of new corporate prospects in conjunction with Individual and Corporate Giving Manager;
- With VP of Philanthropy, create and oversee individual portfolios and goals for each Development Department team member.
- Internal – Other Departments
- Work with VP of Philanthropy and VP of Finance to draft Development Department budget, accounts payable and receivable status, donation posting accuracy; maintain accurate financial reporting for all fundraising reports;
- Work with VP of Philanthropy, Operations Director, Corporate Giving Manager and Events Manager on housing/lodging partnerships, corporate and event partnerships and advertising;
- Work with VP of Philanthropy and Marketing Department on database segment analysis, communications calendar, email marketing, collateral/program book donor recognition, and general media relations;
- Work with VP of Philanthropy and Box Office Manager to ensure appropriate concert and event seating for donors.
- Board and Committees
- Assist VP of Philanthropy with Development Department reports at Board and Committee meetings;
- Serves on Development/Marketing Committee, Gala Committee, and Education Committee;
- Work with Director of Marketing and Development/Marketing Committee Chairperson to schedule meetings, draft agendas and run meetings.
- Oversee scheduling of donor events/secure venues in conjunction with Development and Events Manager;
- Work with Soirée Chairperson to confirm Soirée hosts in conjunction with Development and Events Manager;
- Create in-house budgets for each event in conjunction with Development and Events Manager; ensure all donor events are executed successfully and within budget;
- Participate in creation of event/soirée invitations.
- Primarily reports to the Executive Director; secondarily reports to/collaborates with VP of Philanthropy; works closely with Chairperson of Development/Marketing Committee of the Board;
- Must identify, initiate, cultivate, solicit and maintain relationships with hundreds of individuals and organizations;
- Attention to detail is a must for this position.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development in a non-profit organization;
- Proven experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time;
- Managerial experience required; minimum of 3 to 5 years of proven experience supervising employees preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of people and build long-term relationships;
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; Tessitura experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others both internally and externally.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, particularly during the summer festival season.
- Dedicated to meeting expectations through timely project completion and high quality of work produced.
- Passionate about the mission of Bravo! Vail to be a community representative and advocate of the organization.
Salary DOE. Bravo! Vail offers a very generous benefits package.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Director of Development Position