The Vail Jazz Foundation, Inc.
Listing Expires on 06/29/2018
The Vail Jazz Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the perpetuation of jazz music through presentation and education. Vail Jazz produces summer and winter performance series and award-winning educational programs serving both the national and local communities.
The team is united by these common core values:
- Energize through collaboration
- Organizational empathy
- Continuous learning
- No job too small
- Personal connections to the mission
The Director of Development is a leadership position focused on exceeding annual revenue goals through donor cultivation, grant writing, sponsorship sales and auction events. The scope of the role includes strategic and tactical planning, fundraising activities, reporting and people management. This role reports to the Founder, Howard Stone, is supported by the Development & Events Coordinator, and works closely with the Director of Marketing and Director of Operations.
- 4+ years in Vail Valley non-profit organizations (development roles preferred)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, particularly during the Festival
- Comfort with various technologies including GoogleApps, Salesforce.com (PatronManager), and Microsoft Office and familiarity with common development vendors including mailing houses, auctioneers, caterers and hotels
- Proven excellence in verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and expand donor relationships
- Well-developed organizational skills, integrity and focus on user experience
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to determine and implement a plan of action
- Persistence through wins and losses
- Create strategy for, plan and execute annual fundraising campaigns through major gifts, individual giving, business partnerships (gifts and in-kind contributions), foundation philanthropy, grant writing, sponsorships, advertising sales, events (including the annual gala), silent and live auctions, and fundraising experiences (including a donor trip to NYC)
- Oversee and implement development cycle activities including direct mailings, email communications, tax acknowledgement letters, etc.
- Participate in annual budgeting process and manage departmental budget, accounts payable and receivable and development reports for various stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing on communications and collateral creation, copywriting, donor recognition, media relations and donor benefit fulfillment
- Collaborate with Operations on corporate partnerships, event production, technology management (including database) and donor benefit fulfillment
- Engage the Board of Directors through committees (development, gala and nominating committees), presenting and reporting and recruiting new members
- Participate in annual planning including budgeting and donor experiences
- Lead and manage the development team; collaborate with other Directors
Email resume to email@example.com with subject: APPLICATION: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR