Bravo! Vail Music Festival
Listing Expires on 08/13/2021
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing daily operations of the development functions within the Institutional Advancement Department, including all fundraising efforts – specifically meeting and exceeding budget goals on all major fundraising campaigns including but not limited to individual giving, orchestral funding, education, corporate, and special projects. The Director of Development also administers the planned giving program by creating the annual planned giving campaign, managing the planned giving communication plan, gift tracking, and Encore Society stewardship. The Director of Development oversees development employees and all fundraising reporting processes. In collaboration with the VP of Philanthropy, the Director of Development creates project budgets and the annual fundraising plan and assesses fundraising status.
Direct Reports: Individual Giving Manager, Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager, and Development Associate.
- Internal – Development Functions
- Oversee daily operations of development functions.
- Manage development employees: Individual Giving Manager, Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager, and Development Associate.
- Assist with individual team member progress, evaluation, and professional development.
- Oversee interview/hiring process of development employees.
- Participate in creating and then oversee all fundraising goals.
- In conjunction with VP of Philanthropy and Database Manager, confirm accuracy of all donor recognition listings.
- Oversee planning, direction, and execution of annual fund drive and regular mailings and communications.
- Ensure all donor events are executed on time, accurately, and within budget.
- Oversee all development expense budgets and provide accurate monthly and annual projections.
- Maintain individual portfolio of approximately 100 major and mid-level donors.
- With VP of Philanthropy, create personalized proposals for major individual donors for annual and restricted gifts.
- Actively prospect and solicit new donors and research donor background information for personalized gifts.
- Create and execute comprehensive Annual Fundraising Plan, including print and electronic communication, key message points, identification of segments, communications and crossover with Marketing, campaign descriptions, strategic approach, KPIs, Ways to Give, Fundraising Status Report.
- Collaborate with Grant Writer for foundation and government funding applications.
- Oversee cultivation of new corporate prospects in conjunction with Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager.
- Create and oversee individual portfolios and goals for each Development Department team member.
- Internal – Other Departments
- Work with SVP of Marketing and External Communication, VP of Philanthropy, and VP of Finance to draft Development department budget, accounts payable and receivable status, donation posting accuracy; maintain accurate financial reporting for all fundraising reports.
- Work with SVP of Marketing and External Communication and Marketing Department on database segment analysis, communications calendar, email marketing, collateral/program book donor recognition, and general media relations.
- Work with Box Office Manager to ensure appropriate concert and event seating for donors.
- Board and Committees
- Assist SVP of Marketing and External Communication and VP of Philanthropy with Development reports at Board and Committee meetings.
- Serves on Institutional Advancement Committee, Gala Committee, and Education Committee.
- Oversee scheduling of donor events/secure venues in conjunction with Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager.
- Work with Soirée Chairperson to confirm Soirée hosts in conjunction with Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager.
- Create in-house budgets for each event in conjunction with Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager; ensure all donor events are executed; successfully and within budget.
- Participate in creation of event/soirée invitations.
- Reports to SVP of Marketing and External Communication; works closely with Chairperson of Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board.
- Must identify, initiate, cultivate, solicit, and maintain relationships with hundreds of individuals and organizations.
- Attention to detail is a must for this position.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development in a non-profit organization.
- Proven experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Managerial experience required; minimum of three to five years of proven experience supervising employees preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of people and build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; Tessitura experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others both internally and externally.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, particularly during the summer festival season.
- Dedicated to meeting expectations through timely project completion and a high quality of work produced.
- Passionate about the mission of Bravo! Vail and willing to be a community representative and advocate of the organization.
Email resume and cover letter to Monica White, email@example.com, with subject line: Director of Development Position.