Can Do Multiple Sclerosis
Listing Expires on 12/31/2019
Can Do MS is hiring for a Development Manager who will develop and execute the organization’s annual strategic fundraising plan including but not limited to peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns; special events; major gifts program; annual appeals; planned giving; and stewardship.
- Responsible for achieving fundraising goals of over $800K+ YOY via individual giving, peer-to-peer campaigns, and special events.
- Actively manage a donor portfolio of up to 100 donors via the moves management system.
- Develop campaigns and new strategies to steward and cultivate existing and new donors, including but not limited to: building monthly and planned giving programs, sending out personalized communications to donors throughout the year, and creating and delivering annual impact and donor recognition reports.
- Manage annual appeals, including direct mail. • In collaboration with the Director of Development, grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Attend programs across the US to further develop relationships with new or existing donors by inviting them to observe the program.
- Work closely with the marketing team to execute fundraising campaigns for SKI for MS, Man of the Cliff, MS Global, and other peer-to-peer events.
- Seek out new ways to recruit fundraisers and teams to increase revenue for events and further accomplish Can Do MS’ finance goals.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, increase awareness of the Kick MS (DIY) fundraising platform, and grow the number of KickMS fundraisers through strategic marketing campaigns, donor communications, and strategic alliances/partnerships.
- Develop a strong fundraising ambassador program for Can Do MS.
- Generate the growth of third-party fundraising opportunities.
- Consistently update revenue forecast in the overall master budget for all contributions related to individual contributions and signature events.
- Utilize new technology in Raiser’s Edge and Team Raiser for online giving, event webpages, individual fundraising pages, and online surveys.
- Involve the Board of Directors and Development Committee appropriately with plans, solicitation, and stewardship through the Director of Development.
- Make public appearances to share information about Can Do MS with the community.
- Four-year college degree.
- Four years’ experience working with individual donor fundraising and managing peer-to-peer fundraising programs.
- Sales and marketing experience a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, efficiently manage shifting priorities, and work in a fast passed environment.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Excellent organizational, written, interpersonal, and computer skills a must.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, Excel spreadsheets, and donor management systems.
- Experience in creating and managing email campaigns and online fundraising webpages preferred.
- A self-starter with a track record in successfully managing projects from inception through implementation.
- Openness to input and feedback.
- The flexibility of schedule needed to travel and occasionally work nights and weekends to oversee events.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds or more (may be required for event setups)
- Cross-country travel required to attend fundraising events and to represent Can Do MS.
Exposure to a normal office environment, with occasional outside travel.
Please send a cover letter and resume to lobrien@CanDo-MS.org and include “Development Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for employment.