The Cycle Effect
Listing Expires on 03/07/2019
Empowering young women through mountain biking to create brighter futures and build stronger communities.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Associate serves as a full-time year-round staff member for The Cycle Effect located in Eagle, Colorado.
- Assisting the Development Director on all fundraising efforts for the organization
- Responsible for management of the database (Salesforce), gift entry, sending tax acknowledgements, properly thanking donors, pulling donors lists and keeping record of all gifts received
- Lead for processing/tracking all money (both development and participant money)
- Department lead for producing and maintaining all reports and lists
- Plan and execute details for special fundraising and community outreach events (Eagle and Summit County) based on the strategic fundraising plan with the direction of the Development Director
- Create peer-to-peer fundraising platform opportunity for fundraisers and act as organization point person in implementing the events
- Strong understanding of grant processes including writing, tracking, reporting, and follow-up of grants for the entire organization, as well as researching and presenting new grant opportunities
- Assist staff with solicitation of sponsorship and fulfillment of benefits
- Maintain a portfolio of grassroots donors
- Responsible for preparation of all developmental mailings
- Act as The Cycle Effect representative to Eagle County Gives collaborative and updating of Colorado Gives Day profile(s)
- Participate as an active member of the development task force
- Help with marketing tasks such as website maintenance, blog, donor communications/e-newsletters, social media sites, press releases, etc.
- Participate as an active member of the community in key groups such as chambers, rotaries, professionals, outdoor and youth coalitions and attend networking events
- Manage office supplies and schwag (stickers, envelopes, etc) and reordering when necessary
- Point person for checking general TCE email and phone system
- Volunteer point person to meet with interested volunteers and potentially determine if they are a good fit
- Assist with other department functions (ie: program practices, administrative tasks, fleet registration/maintenance, inventory) on an as needed basis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Exceptional computer skills with Google (Docs, Calendar, Drive, Forms, Admin, AdGrants, etc), Salesforce, Mailchimp, WordPress, Adobe
- Highly organized with a professional demeanor
- High energy and passion for The Cycle Effect mission
- High level of critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with various types of people (participants, sponsors, donors, volunteers, board members, etc.)
- Ability to remain calm and flexible
- Compassionate, dependable, team player
- Self-motivated to initiate projects for the improvement of The Cycle Effect
- Willingness to do whatever is needed
- Minimum two years of experience in a non-profit organization with demonstrated success in a development role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid Driver’s License & clean driving record
- Preferably resides in Eagle County
- Spanish language skills a bonus
- Must be flexible to work occasional night/weekend events
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must pass a background check
- Salary is commensurate with experience; range $40,000-$44,000
- Benefits package includes employee retirement, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, ski pass, bike industry and partner discounts, and continuing education.
Please send an email to email@example.com or visit www.thecycleeffect.org/jobs to apply and be sure to submit your cover letter and professional resume including two references.
Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 7th, 2019.