Roundup River Ranch
Listing Expires on 02/15/2020
Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Associate Director of Development – Stephanie Hearn
Location: Based at the camp in Gypsum, Colorado and the Avon office, with the option to occasionally work remotely. Some travel may be required.
Position Summary: The primary function of this position is to support the Director of Development & Marketing and the overall fundraising team by providing administrative support for fundraisers. Key responsibilities will include scheduling donor, committee and internal meetings for development team members, preparing agendas and follow up notes for committee and team meetings, supporting logistics for cultivation and other special events and mailings, and conducting donor prospect research. Additionally, this position will support the Database Administrator with data entry of gifts, donor gift acknowledgements, and other database functions during high gift volume times. This position will work closely with the Associate Director of Development to identify and prioritize administrative needs of the Development & Marketing team.
- Administrative experience, with some level of direct experience in professional fundraising preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and the highest ethical standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and exposure to relational databases (Raiser’s Edge experience a plus).
- Energetic, with a positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- Ability to organize complex projects with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, adhere to deadlines and follow through on completion of tasks.
- Ability to be successful in a team-oriented environment and adhere to an appropriate degree of poise, diplomacy and tact when interacting with internal and external constituents.
- Some evening and weekend work required, includes fundraising and cultivation events.
Administrative & Fundraising Support: (60%)
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development and Marketing in scheduling meetings, preparing notes and committee reports, preparing agendas, scheduling travel, completing expense reports, and other administrative support, as requested. (20-30%)
- Enter actions in Raiser’s Edge for the Director of Development and Marketing and the CEO on information related to donors and donor communications on a weekly basis.
- Assist Development Team with the execution of annual stewardship mailings, appeals and associated tasks involving promotions or solicitations.
- Provide event support for fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events including event registration systems, on-site event support, and gift collection follow up, as needed.
- Develop and produce key reporting for SeriousFun, board meetings and committees, including note taking during meetings, as requested.
- Support conducting prospect research of new, potential and existing donors.
- Coordinate donor recognition signage and plaques related to past, present, and future campaigns.
- Assist Development and Marketing Team with donor signage vendors to process approvals for signage and installation. Work with vendor or facilities to coordinate signage installation in specific locations.
- Participate in Development Team meetings and staff meetings.
- Attend fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events as determined by the Associate Director of Development.
Database Support (40%)
- Process gifts, acknowledgements, and tribute cards in a timely manner and track backup documentation for all donations.
- Support inputting of all new information into the database, including changes to records and updating seasonal addresses.
- Support Database Administrator in regular data cleanup as necessary, through system audits and long-term cleanup projects.
- Handle all returned mail by contacting recipients and updating records accordingly.
- Assist Development Team with the execution of mailings, appeals and associated tasks involving promotions or solicitations.
- Support making thank you phone calls to donors on a regular basis and handle phone call assignments with fundraisers and Development Committee members on a weekly basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time year-round position with competitive benefits.
Application and Nomination: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please visit Roundup River Ranch’s website at www.roundupriverranch.org. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
Roundup River Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.