Bravo! Vail Music Festival
Listing Expires on 05/31/2021
About Bravo! Vail
The Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks, drawing music lovers from around the world. As stewards of exceptional orchestral and chamber music in the Vail Valley, Bravo! Vail is also proud to continue the tradition of providing the very best education programs to youth and adults.
Bravo! Vail Mission: Bravo! Vail enriches people’s lives through the power of music by: • Producing the finest performances by the greatest artists; • Fostering music education; • Promoting a lifelong appreciation of the arts.
Bravo! Vail Vision: Once in a lifetime musical experiences. Each and every time.
Bravo! Vail Values: • Advances excellence; • Shares artistic passion; • Acts with integrity and respect; • Embraces collaboration.
Bravo! Vail’s administration is a tight-knit, collaborative group of happy, active people who value each other as team members. Each department at Bravo! Vail takes great pride in their work, while also taking great pleasure in the unique Vail lifestyle. The relaxed, dog-friendly office is full of camaraderie (and snacks), and during the summer while the festival is on, the work is intense, and the energy is infectious.
The Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager’s primary responsibilities include cultivation and maintenance of all corporate partnerships and the successful planning, coordination, and execution of all Bravo patron events, dinners, soirées, and the annual Gala.
Success for this position will be defined by:
- Management of a portfolio of corporate partners including leading all stages of engagement including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Execution of elegant events including every step of planning process (i.e. securing venues, rentals, caterers, menu selection, etc.) that result in high patron satisfaction;
- Execution of events within the established budget parameters; and
- Reaching or exceeding annual fundraising goals through revenue generated by events and corporate partnerships.
The Corporate Partnerships and Events Manager is responsible for assisting the Institutional Advancement Department year-round on all fundraising efforts including research, proposals, donor fulfillment, records management, and direct mail preparations and execution as needed.
- Create and maintain master events schedule in ArtsVision and Outlook, track other organizations’ major events and date conflicts.
- Manage and monitor event budgets to ensure financial goals are attained.
- Manage event logistics (including all planning, set up, execution, and follow up) of patron events, specifically orchestra receptions, pre-concert patron receptions, Donor Appreciation concert and dinner, Golden Circle Soirée, Linda & Mitch Hart Soirée Series, Gala, and more.
- Secure venues, sign contracts, set up events in Tessitura, create invitation lists, oversee invitation distribution, manage RSVP list, communicate with vendors, execute events on-site, complete event follow-up and payment.
- Plan, manage, and execute annual Gala.
- Solicit auction items and create auction booklet and/or event program, photo catalogue, and online auction. Serve as main point of contact for designated auction software company.
- Meet annual auction revenue goal, secure payment, assist donors in follow up and securing of all auction items.
- Serve as staff liaison to Gala & Events Committee; work directly with Gala co-chairs and full committee to execute their vision for the event; create and distribute agendas and meeting minutes for Gala & Events Committee.
- Solidify Special Event Permits through appropriate Liquor Board for Soiree Series, Chamber Series, and Classically Uncorked series.
- Oversee hiring and management of seasonal interns.
- Build ongoing relationships with event attendees and vendors.
- Maintain existing relationships and secure new corporate partners.
- Research prospects, create proposals, and execute partnership details and benefits, and manage annual renewal.
- Prepare end of season materials and final reports for all event and corporate partners.
- Communicate persuasively and professionally through personal visits, written proposals, appeal letters, email, and telephone.
- Responsible for a continuing program of partner acknowledgement including appreciation and recognition to ensure a high-quality partner experience.
- Provide regular reports regarding corporate sponsorship status to the Institutional Advancement Department, regarding the success of fundraising efforts.
- Work effectively with diverse constituencies and stakeholders including donors, board members, staff and volunteers.
- Represent Bravo! Vail at concerts, fundraising and stewardship events, town council meetings, and to other organizations.
- Assist Executive Director, Senior Vice President of Marketing and External Communication, and Vice President of Finance and Human Resources with special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Participate in all Institutional Advancement Department mailings and fundraising activities.
- Attend all necessary events and performances.
- Attend all Board of Trustee and applicable committee meetings.
- Assist with any administrative items as required.
- A minimum of 3 years of fundraising event experience (Sponsorship sales, ticket sales, silent and live auctions, and paddle raise.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of people and build long-term relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience with fundraising software systems (Tessitura preferred)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, particularly during the summer festival season.
Salary $53,000 – $58,000
- Group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Health incentive
- Paid holidays, personal/medical and vacation
- Company matching retirement contribution
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with subject line: Corporate Partnership and Events Manager Position