Steadman Philippon Research Institute
Listing Expires on 06/30/2020
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller serves as an integral member of the management team and leads the day-to-day finance and accounting operations of a 503(c) organization. The Controller is responsible for accounting functions including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures in compliance with GAAP. Provides overall leadership and management of the accounting department. Prepares timely and accurate financial reports, and present findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
Classification: This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position with benefits.
Location: Vail, CO.
- Overall responsibility for the general accounting function, including the monthly close process and financial reporting including analysis vs budget/forecast.
- Oversee all ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare and analyze accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and corporate financial reports with variances to benchmarks.
- Interface with department heads to prepare financial analysis for donor presentations.
- Implement enhancements to reduce error and variability to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the corporation’s operations.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage the financial aspects of all grant post-award processes to ensure funding requests are submitted to the granting institution in a timely manner.
- Support the CFO in other functional accounting/finance areas, including but not limited to, cash management, budgeting, forecasting, debt covenant reporting and Board reporting.
- Lead, manage, and train Accounting staff; foster a positive working environment; attract and retain motivated employees and appropriately reward positive results.
- Participate in all financial planning functions including but not limited to annual budgeting, forecasting, analysis of actual to budget and forecast. Annual budget will include but not limited to Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Capital Projects, and Consolidate Statements.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO.
Attributes and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting, preferred.
- Three to five years of experience as a Controller preferred with proven experience supporting senior-level Executives.
- Prior healthcare research experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting and reporting functions.
- Skill in examining, developing, re-engineering and recommending financial policies and procedures.
- Single audit compliance knowledge essential.
- Sage and/or Sage Intact experience preferred.
- Microsoft BI experience, preferred.
- 501(c)3 compliance experience; Federal grant post-awarded financial compliance experience (NIH, DoD, or other), preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and sometimes demanding environment.
- Hands-on manager with a collaborative and flexible style; desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment. Strong commitment to developing staff members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board members or other outside partners.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- On-site parking available
- And more!
***To apply submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.