Roundup River Ranch
Listing Expires on 02/26/2021
The Content Creator & Program Assistant will further the mission of Roundup River Ranch by creating, supporting, and leading online activities that are aligned with our philosophy of intentional programming; contribute to the overall development of all Camp Online programs including: summer camp, family camp, camper reunions, camp clubs, specific activities, evening programs, special days and all other camp programs as required; camp in a box programs including Joy, Delivered, Camp In Your Community, and Camp Kits; provide support for other staff and volunteers; and maintain a physically and emotionally supportive environment for all participants.
Job Responsibilities- Specific
- Ensure all camp programs support the mission, vision, and Guideposts of Roundup River Ranch
- Prepare activities appropriately for both online and boxed camp programs. This includes writing lesson plans, creating supply lists, branding materials, editing videos, ensuring program goals are met, and more.
- Ensure all activities (online, print, and boxed), are in line with the Roundup River Ranch philosophy of intentional programming which includes designing and encouraging fun, and developmentally appropriate activities that are adaptable, inclusive, and medically safe for campers ages 7-17
- Help brainstorm, create, plan, and lead camp activities including all camp programs, singing, and dancing
- Actively strive to positively incorporate program feedback and direction from all participants and support staff
- Take an active online leadership role with assigned group, including campers, staff, and volunteers
- Be familiar with all information available on each group of campers including the medical and behavior needs, and any other information provided by the support team and/or parents
- Ensure that the virtual camp space and viewed background area are always physically and emotionally safe environments for campers and reflect the Roundup River Ranch Guideposts
- Support bringing Roundup River Ranch into participant’s homes by ensuring photography, videography, and live streams showcase a variety of camp spaces familiar to campers and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Act in a professional manner as a role model for all campers, volunteers, and fellow staff
- Be fully aware of all online safety and emergency procedures and execute procedures when required including ensuring campers are always aware of and understand the safety rules.
- Punctually attend and participate in all team meetings, trainings, and planning sessions
- Integrate and support volunteers at camp and provide them with training
- Provide behavior support to campers including regular and positive feedback to campers and their achievements, supporting group issues, and be aware and sensitive of campers fears and concerns
- Ensure camp property is respected
- Ensure virtual camp spaces and viewable spaces on-screen are always clean, tidy, and intentional
- Maintain confidentiality of all program participants and contributors
- Comply with all policies and procedures as listed in the staff contract, manual, and trainings
- Passion for the Roundup River Ranch mission
- Age 19 years old, or older
- Well developed writing skills and ability to write well thought out lesson plans
- Willingness to dynamically teach and lead on-camera through a virtual platform as well as ability to bring the campsite to campers through videography and photography
- Commitment to intentional programming that focuses on outcome-based learning
- Well-developed communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
- Previous experience working with children and/or special needs populations with proven experience in facilitating activities with youth and managing groups is preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with familiarity with technology, previous lesson plan writing experience, and/or collaboration through virtual platforms
This position is a full time, limited term position until October 31, 2021. The position is benefits eligible. Although this position supports online programming, this position is required to work at our Gypsum camp site on a daily basis to support on-site videography, photography, and live streaming as well as camper and volunteer supply distribution and support of camp in a box programs. On-site housing is available.
Roundup River Ranch camp staff will be expected to:
- Be able to identify emergency situations, either by seeing them happen, hearing cries for help, or hearing emergency alerts.
- Have the strength, endurance, and physical skills to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations, according to written emergency procedures and plans, which may include calling for help and watching to see if campers are responding appropriately.
- Be able to demonstrate or participate in camp activities as they supervise and instruct campers: this will require the ability to walk, sit, climb, kneel, crouch, stoop, and stand.
- Possess the strength and stamina to maintain constant supervision of campers for the duration of the season. Such supervision requires the ability to observe what campers are doing while online, and the ability to hear what campers are saying when not necessarily within direct visual contact. Stamina includes the ability to remain alert, friendly, courteous, and patient for the duration of the staff member’s time with camp.
- Be able to move items (such as deliveries and program supplies) around: this will require the strength and mobility to push, pull, lift, and carry items up to 50 pounds.
Applicants are asked to complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. The application may be accessed through our website at www.RoundupRiverRanch.org.