Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley
Listing Expires on 06/18/2021
Do you have a passion and drive to apply your talents to make a difference? Are you looking for an employer that understands the importance of having a work-life balance? Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley (HFHVV) is seeking a motivated, hardworking, outgoing and skilled construction professional to serve as Construction Superintendent in support of its mission to partner with local families to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
As a member of the Construction team, the Construction Superintendent is responsible for managing and supervising the technical construction of Habitat for Humanity homes. The Construction Superintendent engages in project management, field supervision, site organization and safety, hands on technical construction, and leadership, training and coaching of staff and volunteers with an emphasis on code compliance and quality control. The position demands a strong work ethic, an ability to work in all sorts of weather conditions, a willingness to lead and work with others, and an advanced knowledge of construction.
You have the ability to manage a residential construction site and ensure proper building techniques. Utilizing construction software, you are able to produce estimates, takeoffs, RFIs and other construction documents. You are a hard worker who is organized, tidy and sees the job through to completion. You have a strong ability to connect with others and provide a fun, positive and memorable experience. You love all aspects of construction and want to share your knowledge with others!
- Prepare estimates, takeoffs, RFI’s, change orders and other construction documents.
- Order and receive materials in line with approved budget.
- Prioritize and adjust construction tasks, maintaining construction timelines and schedule.
- Direct all facets of work in the field, coaching team and volunteers to ensure proper construction.
- Train, lead and work alongside staff, AmeriCorps members and volunteers
- Become familiar with the requirements/scope of the subcontractors and oversee compliance of these requirements
- Prep and maintain adequate working conditions for the subcontractor to complete their scope of work in an expedient and professional manner
- Complete technical construction tasks in adherence to building codes and specifications
- Oversee jobsite organization including tools and materials organization
- Document progress, changes and improvements to construction process
- Train, oversee and adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of all phases of residential construction.
- 5+ years in supervisor role in residential new construction and hands-on experience in residential framing
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents such as architectural and engineering drawings, site plans, and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated coaching and/or leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive manual transmission vehicle (or willing to learn quickly)
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is currently $54,423 – $81,664 per year. Initial compensation is determined based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. Benefits offered include health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with 6% employer match, flexible spending account for health and dependent care, and 5 weeks of vacation, holiday and sick time.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or visit https://habitatvailvalley.org/get-involved/jobs/