Education Foundation of Eagle County
Listing Expires on 12/03/2021
Under the direction of the Behavioral Education (B.E.) Partners, this position supports the mission and goals of the collaborative by advising on B.E. programs from the perspective of a young person. The Youth Advisor is a part-time position until October 2023, responsible for creating and guiding opportunities for Eagle County youth to inform Partner programs and services in the Eagle River Valley. The Youth Advisor will lead processes of youth engagement and share gathered input with the coalition. Youth perspectives and feedback will guide future B.E. program facilitation, delivery, and inform cultural relevancy. The Youth Advisor will work with the Partners, local schools, and community organizations to identify youth-focused leadership and partnership opportunities; coordinate and facilitate youth engagement processes that solicit youth feedback; inform and align behavioral education approaches in and out of school; and provide transparent, informed results to the Partners and identified stakeholders for inclusion in B.E. comprehensive planning.
B.E. Partners include: Bright Future Foundation, Mountain Youth, Red Ribbon Project,
SpeakUp ReachOut, with administrative support from the Education Foundation of Eagle County. The B.E. Partners mission is to support Eagle County K-12 youth with the creation and implementation of an equitable, evidence-based universal behavioral education plan that aligns with state and national academic health standards, integrates positive youth development principles and strategies, and promotes prevention and resiliency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with the B.E. curricula, participating agency programs, and state approved social-emotional learning (SEL) academic health standards.
- Work with schools to understand youth leadership and partnership opportunities. Identify youth leadership groups for engagement. Act as a liaison between these groups and the B.E. Partners.
- Facilitate processes to engage youth and receive their input regarding B.E. program delivery and cultural relevancy.
- Identify ways to integrate youth perspective to increase B.E. program impact and inform B.E. Comprehensive Plan for future school years.
- Participate in B.E. Partner meetings (monthly), District Wellness Accountability Committee meetings (monthly), health curriculum subcommittee meetings (as assigned), community youth advisor spaces, and B.E. program review meetings with Partners and stakeholders. Meeting attendance includes various locations throughout the community. Access to transportation will be important.
- Build relationships with out-of-school, youth-serving providers/agencies to identify opportunities for B.E. in-school SEL curriculum alignment with out-of-school youth programs.
- Provide transparent and candid feedback about the B.E. Partner programs, approaches, and efforts to ensure the youth voice is included in all discussions.
- Present the youth voice findings and observations to Partners and stakeholders.
- Document processes and training materials for successful succession planning.
- Local lived experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Experience with online and computer tools and applications, including Google Drive and Microsoft applications
- Experience speaking in front of a group and/or teaching or group facilitation skills
- Strong communicator – willing to share all feedback with partners, including negative
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively across diverse programs and partners
- Ability to work varying hours, including availability during the school day to observe programs and meet with partners; and evening, weekend availability to meet with youth
$20/hr x 20 hrs/week for 50 weeks = $20,000/yr
This is a grant-funded position with funding available until October 2023. Funding for the position beyond this cycle is not guaranteed. This position will be an employee of the Education Foundation of Eagle County and work with all partners collaboratively to support comprehensive behavioral education programs for youth across the Eagle River Valley.
Send resume and cover letter to Amy Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org, by December 3, 2021.