Nonprofit Learning Series – Secrets of Growing a Nonprofit Organization: From Start-up to Successful Operation
Event date: This event has already passed.
1:00 - 2:30 pm
15 Benchmark Rd
Avon, CO 81620
3rd Floor Conference Room
Topic: Secrets of Growing a Nonprofit Organization: From Start-up to Successful Operation
You may look at your nonprofit and wonder—how do we get from where we are now to being a large, sustainable organization? In the next Nonprofit Learning Series event, we will learn how one of the most successful local nonprofits has gone from a start-up to a successful organization.
It may seem like some large nonprofits are an “overnight success”. Markian Feduschak, President of Walking Mountains Science Center will share with you the trials, tribulations and hard work that it took to get to the place they are today. Walking Mountains Science Center just celebrated over 20 years in the Vail Valley and Markian has been there for almost 15 years of that time and has grown it to be one of the largest nonprofit organizations in the Vail Valley.
We will explore the key steps that they took that worked well and what they wished that they might have done differently.
Come and learn how you can grow your nonprofit on Thursday, October 25 from 1:00—2:30 in the US Bank, Avon (15 Benchmark Road) 3rd floor Conference Room.
Robin Thompson, Executive Director of Philanthropy and Community Outreach at Vail Christian High School will ask Markian questions so that you can get ideas from his expertise about:
- What it took in the early days to grow WMSC and to evolve into the organization that it is today
- How WMSC knew when it was time to hire more employees, expand to build capital projects and other things that are critical to growth, but are a difficult next-step for small nonprofits
- The critical importance of keeping the mission and vision in focus during growth
- Growing a large nonprofit in the Vail Valley from the ground up and the daily responsibilities of being President
Whether you currently are the CEO, President or Executive Director of a nonprofit, you will hear great ideas that will immediately help your nonprofit. Join us on Thursday, October 25 from 1:00—2:30 at the US Bank, Avon (15 Benchmark Road) 3rd floor Conference Room.
Seats are limited to 20, RSVP to Maren at 970.477.4001.
- Monthly learning opportunities for your entire nonprofit organization
- Special guest panel discussions with local funders, sponsors and nonprofit leaders
- Free attendance for nonprofit employees.