Project Management for Non-Project Managers – Certification Course
Event date: June 8 – June 29
Noon - 4:00pm
Participants are eligible to sit for the Project+ exam. HR professionals earn 16 PDCs!
Who is your hidden project manager? This is the class for them! A hidden project manager is an employee who is often tasked with creating a new product, service, process, or outcome for your organization. You have selected this person because of their leadership and organizational skills. They likely do not hold the title of “Project Manager”. Nonetheless, they perform project-related tasks while facing the challenges of budget and schedule constraints and competing stakeholder needs.
WHAT? Project Management for Non-Project Managers is a four-week series that covers the foundations of leading successful projects. The course includes 18 hours of live instruction and supplemental learning materials. For HR professionals, this course provides 16 SHRM/HRCI recertification business credits. Upon completion candidates may also choose to sit for the CompTIA Project+ certification at a discounted rate. For more information see the “What’s Included” section below.
Every Friday afternoon (Noon – 4pm) for four consecutive weeks:
Vail Valley Partnership offices in Edwards Riverwalk, 97 Main St Ste E-201, Edwards, CO 81632.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) has quantified the value of Project Management training. Check out the benefits!
- Decreased failed projects by 31 percent
- Delivered 30 percent of projects under budget
- Demonstrated a 21 percent improvement in productivity
- Delivered 19 percent of projects ahead of schedule
Over the series of four sessions, participants will learn:
- what a project is and why project management is important
- the importance of prioritizing project constraints
- the types of organizations that exist and how they affect projects
- how to prepare a project scope, budget and schedule based on the charter
- the techniques for balancing constraints such as resources and environmental influences
- how to engage stakeholders through effective communication
- tools to measure and report project performance and manage changes
- techniques for maintaining and sharing project documents for organizational learning
Non-Member Price $1,000
VVP/HCHRA Member Price $700
Seating is limited to 12 participants
To register, visit peakbusiness.org
For additional information, please call (719) 237-5692