Nonprofit Learning Series – Meet the Funders: Daniels Fund & Gates Family Foundation
Event date: November 12
1:00 - 2:30 pm
Virtual Via Zoom
Meet the Funders Panel: Daniels Fund & Gates Family Foundation
On Thursday, November 12th from 1:00—2:30 pm join us to hear about funding priorities and grant tips and techniques. Join us for insights from the:
- Daniels Fund with Owen McAleer, Senior Grants Program Officer for Western Colorado
- Owen McAleer joined the Daniels Fund in 2010. He is responsible for working with nonprofit organizations in all eight funding areas throughout the western half of Colorado. Besides his role as Senior Grants Program Officer, he also worked in the Communications department as the Special Events Manager and coordinated the Daniels Fund Meeting Space, which is offered free of charge to Front Range nonprofit organizations.
- Gates Family Foundation Lisa Rucker, Senior Program Officer/Grants Manager
- Lisa Rucker has been with the Gates Family Foundation since 2014. She is the primary Foundation staff for the capital grants program and oversees the Foundation’s grants management system. Lisa was most recently a Program Officer/Grant Administrator for the Anschutz Foundation from 2009 to 2014.
They will share information on strategic funding initiatives, giving philosophy, and the grantmaking process. Attendees will gain valuable insight on potential partnerships with each funder and opportunity for open dialogue and questions.
More information about the Foundations can be found at https://danielsfund.org/ and https://gatesfamilyfoundation.org/.
Join us on Thursday, November 12th from 1:00—2:30 pm virtually in a meeting format. Please have your video camera turned on for the interactive discussion.
Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwpcumppz8rEtCewHMqUgZ3fObzcHGIcozb
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Robin Thompson will serve as moderator for this month’s discussion.
This is the last session of the 2020 series. Thank you for joining us! Please send any feedback or topic ideas to Maren Cerimele.
- Monthly learning opportunities for your entire nonprofit organization.
- Special guest panel discussions with local funders, sponsors and nonprofit leaders.
- Free attendance for nonprofit employees and board members.