Nonprofit Learning Series – New and Best Practices in Nonprofits
Event date: This event has already passed.
1:00 - 2:30 pm
15 Benchmark Rd
Avon, CO 81620
3rd Floor Conference Room
Topic: New and Best Practices in Nonprofits from the 2018 Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Conference in New Orleans
There is no doubt about it; the nonprofit community in the Vail Valley is unique. Many of our donors are also involved with nonprofits in their home community so they are exposed to ideas and trends that we may not know. For us to be effective and on the cutting edge, we need to be aware of happenings in the Development community across the country.
The Nonprofit Learning Series will help you bridge that gap with a condensed version of what was shared at the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) conference in New Orleans in April.
Don’t miss this session on May 8 from 1-2:30 at the U.S. Bank 3rd floor conference room. We will bring back Best Practices from those of us who attend. Here’s a sneak preview of some of the sessions being presented that will be discussed and facilitated by Robin Thompson, Professional Fundraising Consultant:
- Dynamic Board Governance: What’s Working, What’s Next
- Accelerate the speed of developing and retaining donor relationships
- Social business entrepreneurship
- Storytelling to engage donors—when and what stories to tell
- What we don’t know about corporate partnerships that could be costing millions
- Planned giving study results
- Power shift signifying the end of philanthropy as we know it
- Ethical fundraising
Learn Best Practice ideas from the AFP conference that will immediately help your nonprofit. Join us on Tuesday, May 8 from 1:00—2:30 in the US Bank, Avon (15 Benchmark Road) 3rd floor Conference Room.
Seats are limited to 20, RSVP to Maren at 970.477.4001.
- Monthly learning opportunities for your entire nonprofit organization
- Special guest panel discussions with local funders, sponsors and nonprofit leaders
- Free attendance for nonprofit employees.