Nonprofit Learning Series – Making Events Successful (and profitable)
Event date: This event has already passed.
1:00 - 2:30 pm
15 Benchmark Rd
Avon, CO 81620
3rd Floor Conference Room
Topic: Making Events Successful (and Profitable)
In the mountains of Colorado we have a season that many other cities and towns don’t have—Gala Season! Yes, it is then that every nonprofit is having some type of event whether it is a golf tournament, soiree, gala, luncheon or other fundraising event. How can yours be the most distinctive and profitable event your nonprofit has ever staged?
On Tuesday, March 20, from 1:00—2:30 the Nonprofit Learning Series is fortunate to have Kaylee Brennand, Vail Valley’s preeminent event planner, share her insights on planning and executing successful events in the Vail Valley. Kaylee has been responsible for many events like the Roundup River Ranch—A Grateful Harvest, Pop Warner Little Scholars—Annual Scholarship Awards, Colorado Grand, Vail Valley Foundation—Star Dancing Gala and Black Diamond Ball and Vail Global Energy Forum. She is the past president of the Vail Valley Theater and works with corporate and nonprofit groups as a production stage manager—treating events as a theatrical production for the clean and productive outcome.
Robin Thompson, professional fundraising consultant, will ask Kaylee questions so that you can learn from her expertise about:
- The kind of event you should have whether it is a fundraising, cultivation, thank you or stewardship
- Understanding the best and worst things you can do when planning and executing an event
- Advice to keep it fresh, innovative and unique
- Planning tips and techniques
- Ideas for getting attendees to want to give money to your charitable cause
- How to decide on menu, venue and other important logistical items
Whether you currently have events or are considering one, you will learn great ideas. Join us on Tuesday, March 20 from 1:00—2:30 in the US Bank, Avon (15 Benchmark Road) 3rd floor Conference Room.
Seats are limited to 20 people, RSVP to Maren at 970.477.4001.
- Monthly learning opportunities for your entire nonprofit organization
- Special guest panel discussions with local funders, sponsors and nonprofit leaders
- Free attendance for nonprofit employees.