GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program
Event date: October 28 – October 29
Learn about global trends in sustainable tourism and sustainability best practices. The Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) offers practical insights and effective steps to help improve sustainability practices. The STTP strengthens awareness of sustainable tourism in destinations throughout Colorado, and around the world.
The intensive and interactive learning experience is a valuable training opportunity for professionals in tourism, hospitality, destination management and marketing, and sustainability. The training will be led by GSTC trainer and Walking Mountains Science Center Founder & Vice-President of Sustainability Programs, Dr. Kim Langmaid, in addition to expert guest speakers.
Individual participants will earn a Certificate of Completion after the two days, and will also have the opportunity to take a GSTC exam after the course to earn a “Certificate in Sustainable Tourism.”
Participants in the Two-Day Intensive Course Will:
- Gain in-depth understanding of the GSTC criteria that applies to destinations, tourism management organizations, hotels, tour operators, and hospitality-related businesses.
- Learn to prioritize and make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices within businesses and destinations.
- Understand the global baseline standards for sustainability in travel & tourism, and the roles of accreditation and certification in advancing and mainstreaming sustainability throughout the tourism industry.
- Two-days of intensive training, opportunities to meet professionals and build a growing network in sustainable tourism, optional social gatherings and outdoor exploration of the Vail area.
- As part of your registration, you will receive a Certificate of Completion confirming your attendance in the class.
- After completion of the class participants will be eligible to take an online exam to earn the GSTC Certificate in Sustainable Tourism.