Community Leadership Academy
Event date: September 9 – March 10
10:00am - 2:00pm
Colorado Mountain College - Vail Valley Campus
150 Miller Ranch Rd, Edwards, CO 81632
Community Leadership Academy Overview
The Community Leadership Academy is an experience for individuals looking to enhance their leadership capabilities and connect with likeminded professionals in Eagle County.
The Community Leadership Academy brings together professionals from around Eagle County serving the community. The program is intended to help participants develop strong values-based leadership skills, create a broad network of confidants, as well as build trust and consistency between agencies.
This unique environment also presents the opportunity for participants to learn about the practical application of the skills and strategies through roundtable discussion, group collaboration, and case study analysis.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
Provide a learning mentality that is “always on”;
Provide a platform and brain trust for collaboration;
Create tools for successful transitions;
Build a pipeline of future leaders and a culture of advancement;
Recognize community businesses to build a stronger brand;
Incorporate elected officials & executives in order to blend culture.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Individuals looking to enhance their life purpose;
- Professionals looking to elevate their performance;
- Leaders looking to enhance core leadership & management competencies;
- Managers looking to build higher levels of engagement within their team;
- Locals looking to strengthen their network with others in the community.
*Lunch and workbook will be provided for you*
100: COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE
The Inside First model is a framework that employs a continuous process that is always cycling and looping back. It’s a flow from inside reflection to outside action with relationships as a constant backdrop. It’s developed through a thoughtful process that helps people discover a deeper sense of themselves, their values, their beliefs and their purpose.
The thinking is fostered by a set of universal leadership principles and leading practices organized around character development, skillful actions and relationship building. A significant premise is that leadership engages us in others people’s lives, and before inserting ourselves, all of us should know how to lead our own lives first.
Each participant will have the opportunity to earn an Community Leadership Certificate by completing 7 courses throughout the session. Courses are offered at convenient locations and multiple times each year to make earning the Certificate achievable for all participants.
- Introduction to Inside First – September 9, 2020
- Discover Core Values – October 14, 2020
- Developing Trust – November 11, 2020
- Personal Integrity – December 9, 2020
- Ethical Scaffolding – January 13, 2021
- Skilled Communicator – February 10, 2021
- Certificate Ceremony – March 10, 2021
- Sharpen your skills and strengthen your character
- Gain increased insight into your core values
- Build trust with those whom you depend on
- Explore integrity by examining your beliefs and values system
- Differentiate between ethics and morality
- Discover the interactivity between listening and feedback
- A certificate of completion for the Community Issues Bootcamp
*1 of 3 Vail Valley Works certificates. Participants who complete NEXT Emerging Professionals program, Community Leadership Academy and Community Issues Bootcamp will receive a Vail Valley Works certificate of achievement.
Participants must complete all 7 courses to receive the Inside First Certificate of Completion.
Includes all course materials, facilitation and lunch during each session.
- $750.00 – VVP Members
- $875.00 – Public Price
CONTACT & REGISTRATION: