Census Day 2020
Event date: This event has already passed.
Census 2020. It’s Important. It’s Easy. It’s Safe.
In mid-March, homes across the country will begin receiving invitations to complete the 2020 Census. Once the invitation arrives, you should respond for your home in one of three ways: online, by phone, or by mail. When you respond to the census, you’ll tell the Census Bureau where you live as of April 1, 2020.
Click here to see the Census Fact Sheet.
Wondering why it matters?
- Census data is used all around you:
- Residents use the census to support community initiatives
- Businesses use census data to decide where to build factories, offices, and stores, which creates jobs
- Local governments use the census for public safety and emergency preparedness
- Real estate developers use the census to build new homes and revitalizing old neighborhoods
- Census counts are used in distributing over $13.1 billion in federal funds per year in Colorado, this translates to $2,300 per person per year. Those dollars help fund:
- Title 1 grants to educational agencies
- Head Start programs
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Transportation (public transit, road rehabilitation, and construction)
- Emergency food and shelter
- Health and human services programs