Board Service Basics
Event date: October 7
9:30am - 4:30pm
Location: Colorado Mountain College (Edwards)
Description: Are you looking for ways to serve the local community? Does board service sound appealing, but a little intimidating too? Are you new to a board of directors and aren’t quite sure what role you play? Join us for Board Service Basics – an introduction to appointed & elected board service. This course is designed to give you the knowledge and framework to effectively serve on a wide range of local boards – from non-profits to special districts and everything in between! No experience required.
- Anyone interested in joining a non-profit or other appointed board of directors
- Anyone interested in running for an elected board of directors
- Those currently serving on a board (non-profit/special district/HOA & POA/etc)
- Those currently serving on a local committee
- Elected officials
- Those who work closely with a board to achieve goals & objectives
Cost: $100* (VVP Members)/$150 (Public Price)
*VVP Member Non-profit organizations receive a 40% discount. Discount applies to employees of the non-profit or active board members.
Presented In Partnership With: Town of Vail