Avon Egg Hunt
Event date: April 8
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Harry A. Nottingham Park
The Egg Hunt returns to Harry A. Nottingham Park in Avon promising a fun-filled morning on Saturday, April 8th. Families are invited to participate in a coloring contest, jelly bean guessing game, exhilarating inflatable features, a petting zoo and more! But that’s not all…10,000 eggs will be filled with candy and small prizes.
Tips for Enjoying the Egg Hunt:
- The Egg Hunt event is a Bully Free Zone and participants are expected to Be A Buddy Not A Bully!
- The actual hunting of eggs will be organized by age: 3 & Under; 4-5; 6-7 and 8-9.
- There are two egg hunt opportunities for each age group.
- There is a special area just for the little ones (children 3 years of age and under) with their very own bouncy house and egg hunt.
- Parents are not allowed in the Egg Hunt Arena; parents will be able to pick up their children on either end of the arena.
- To enter the Coloring Contest participants can download the Coloring Contest form or cut out the advertisement in the Vail Daily on Friday, April 7th. Use your imagination and color the ad, complete the information section at the bottom, and bring it with you to the Egg Hunt. To enter, turn in your artwork at the Town of Avon tent. Prizes will be awarded for the most creative coloring by age group.
Zero Waste Event
Remember your reusable water bottle – Plastic-Free Event!
Fostering a culture of environmentalism, waste mitigation and energy conservation which minimizes the negative impacts to our collective environment and community for the long term is of upmost importance to the Town. The Towns environmental sustainability initiatives and Eagle County’s waste diversion goal of 50% reduction by 2030 (zero waste events utilizing leave no trace practices).
Volunteers are a valued member of our event program and play a crucial role in our success. We have an exciting and vibrant program to engage our community and visitors. Many of our volunteers have built long-lasting friendships through our program, and we look forward to deepening these relationships and expanding our program!
Volunteers will receive a one-year individual membership or a 25-punch card to the award-winning Avon Recreation Center in exchange for their service hours. The main role of our volunteer team is to assist Town staff with all aspects of event execution.
Service Hours: Service hours are typically available beginning in April through mid-October. Avon’s signature event is on July 3rd each year and is mandatory that all volunteers are available for at least one shift.
- One-year individual membership = 35 service hours
- 25-punch card = 15 service hours
Application: Anyone interested in requesting additional information or in applying should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.