Eagle River Watershed Council seeks an education & outreach coordinator to work collaboratively with our staff and board on our mission-driven programs with particular emphasis on our education and outreach activities. This includes serving as a resource to the community on topics pertaining to water quality, quantity, recreation, access, riparian health, wildlife and more. Our education and outreach opportunities attract diverse people, make complex topics understandable and inspire action, enthusiasm and involvement in local watershed issues.
- Work with local partners to complement & expand watershed education throughout the Eagle River Valley.
- Organize and coordinate a Youth Water Festival annually for Eagle County’s 5th
- Organize 6+ alluring Watershed Wednesday programs annually, including the Wild & Scenic Film Festival.
- Oversee the monthly RiverWatch water-quality sampling efforts.
- Help in the coordination & facilitation of several community planning efforts surrounding the future of water.
- Work with the projects & events coordinator to incorporate an educational element in all volunteer projects.
- Manage & expand our educational reach through print, radio, TV and digital media, including a monthly column in the Vail Daily.
- Support the executive director in fundraising efforts, including grant writing.
- Provide support as needed to the executive director, Board of Directors and staff/consultants.
- Share in the responsibility of maintaining the office/workplace.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills Desired:
- Degree in natural resources, education, or a directly related field.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Passion for fostering collaborative relationships and facilitating conversations among diverse communities.
- Grant writing, journalism, or related writing skills with an attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media.
- Familiarity with Vertical Response (or similar), WordPress, and databases.
- A willingness to learn and expand skills as necessary.
Personality that will thrive in this position: A self-starter with a positive outlook, good organizational skills, attention to detail and a clear focus on priorities. A creative, forward-thinking planner who is comfortable dealing with diverse community stakeholders, board members, and donors. Someone who is reliable and a strong communicator. A hard worker who is able to ask for direction and collaborate as part of a team. An enthusiastic individual with a sense of humor.
Other Details: Full-time salaried position. Typical business hours with some evening/weekend events. Flexibility available. Compensation commensurate with experience. Retirement plan; health insurance benefits; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave; wellness (ski pass, health club, etc) reimbursement. Work requires some physical exertion such as walking, standing, lifting (up to 50 lbs), carrying, or similar activities, sometimes in inclement weather.
How to Apply: Send a cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
For more information about Eagle River Watershed Council, please visit www.erwc.org