In collaboration and partnership with the Vail Valley lodging community, the VVP group sales team has had an extremely successful year in 2018. We’re very proud to share the following year-to-date statistics and successes:
- Groups Booked – 87
- Guestroom Revenue – $5.7M+
- Room Nights on the Books – 23,922 (up 59% compared to last year)
- Number of Group Leads Generated – 235
- Room Nights in the Pipeline – 30,488
The economic impact that this brings to our “non-lodging” community is an approximate 84% more spend on dining, retail, audio visual, transportation, activities and more!
As you may have noticed by the amount of people strolling through the villages, there was no such thing as “mud season” this past October. A few noteworthy groups that we had the distinct pleasure of bringing to Vail include:
- The Housing Colorado NOW! 2018 Conference, held October 3-5 at the Vail Marriott, had a registration of 850 attendees. This 30th Anniversary event was the largest yet, gathering affordable housing professionals for creative, inspiring, and thought-provoking education. As locals know, affordable housing is our number one strategic priority topic. Eagle County’s cost of living is higher than many other places and to no one’s surprise, housing is the key element pushing Eagle County’s overall cost of living above the U.S. Therefore, this particular conference plays an important role in shaping Colorado’s future—a future of more affordable options and excellent, safe housing for all.
- The Colorado Governor’s Tourism Conference, held October 29-31 at Hotel Talisa, which was attended by 549 representatives of hotels, venues, destination marketing organizations, associations, state agencies, suppliers, media and more to learn. The overall goal was to network and partner in promoting Colorado as a leisure and business travel destination. In the spirit of being “Actively Green,” this particular group experienced the first zero-waste state tourism conference in the nation. Efforts ranged from conservation and reuse of materials to composting of food waste.
Our group sales team looks very forward to bringing many more group programs to the Vail Valley! From our team to yours, best wishes to our members for a successful 2018-2019 winter season. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
For more information about the group sales efforts, please reach out to the team at email@example.com, or visit their website page at visitvailvalley.com/groups-meetings/.