- Vail Mountain is open for all summer operations, and it is business as usual.
- As a reminder, smoking on Vail Mountain is allowed within designated smoking areas only. These areas are available at Eagle’s Nest and Mid-Vail.
- Eagle County, and all municipalities, have implemented Stage 1 Fire Restrictions this week. Stage 1 Fire Restrictions consist of the following:
o Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire except within a developed recreation site, or improved site. 36 CFR 261.52(a).
o Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials. 36 CFR 261.52(d).
o Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark-arresting device properly installed, maintained, and in effective working order meeting either the USDA Forest Service Standard 5100-1a (as amended), or appropriate Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practice J335(b) and J350(a) (36 CFR 261.52(j)).
- Colorado is the eighth largest state in the U.S. and most of its 104,100 square miles remain unaffected by fire. The state’s two main airports, Denver International Airport and Colorado Springs Airport, as well as the Eagle County Regional Airport, have experienced no flight cancellations or visibility issues.
- It is important to stay current on fire conditions across the state, but visitors can still expect to enjoy a memorable Colorado vacation the majority of Colorado’s destinations.
- In Vail, there are a number of signature events scheduled to take place throughout the summer, including:
o Vail Farmer’s Market and Art Show, each Sunday, from June 17-October 7
o Hot Summer Nights Concert Series, each Tuesday, from June 19-August 21
o Bravo! Vail Musical Festivalfrom June 21-August 2
o Vail Dance Festival from July 28-August 11
o Kids Adventure Games from August 8-12
o Colorado Classic from August 16-17
o Vail Labor Day Jazz Party from August 31-September 3
o Gourmet on Gore from August 31-September 3
o Oktoberfest from September 7-9 and 14-16
- A go/no-go decision on the Vail America Days Fireworks is pending and is under review by the Fire Department in consultation with the USFS and other agencies.
- If guests are asking for additional information about current fires in the state, please let them know that up-to-date information on location and status can be obtained via the Colorado Division of Emergency Management (www.coemergency.com); Twitter at @COEmergency) and the Inciweb Incident Information Center (www.inciweb.org/state/6).