Colorado Chamber of Commerce Executives Transportation Summit
November 10, 2017
1:00pm – 5:00pm
2440 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302
A coalition of chamber voices from around Colorado will be meeting and are in the process of establishing a grass roots, statewide education/information campaign to help legislators, policymakers and the public make the best, most informed decisions about Colorado’s future for transportation. This effort should focus around three pillars; transparency of information for the public, policy recommendations for lawmakers and action for the chambers and there members and grassroots.
Problem: The current transportation challenge
- The Bill (current status)
- Solutions (political leaders representing all perspectives):
- Federal Picture / Creative Local Solutions / Statewide Initiatives
- US Chamber – Federal
- Elected Officials Panel
- Gas Tax or Retail Tax?
How local chambers can engage in this discussion.
- What Local Chambers Can / Should Do
- Action Steps Policy changes can’t happen without active grassroots participation, and grassroots mobilization doesn’t happen in a vacuum. As a chamber leader, your voice matters and it is critically important that it is heard by policy makers.