Vail Valley Works Specialty Courses are designed to help professionals upskill through specialized trainings. These courses offer opportunities to expand your current skill set or acquire something completely new! Upskilling is a proven way to bring more value to your organization and make yourself a stronger employment candidate.
Specialty Courses Include:
1) Professional Fundraising Certificate Program
- Intended For: Anyone working in or with the nonprofit sector—staff, directors, program administrators, board members, philanthropists, members of faith-based communities, and volunteers. Also appropriate for those interested in beginning a career or changing job functions within the nonprofit sector.
- Course Overview: This training program customized around the core competencies for nonprofit success. Learn critical information about fundraising, major gift prospecting, solicitation, database segmentation, and winning grants. Understand how business principles guide the operation while building relationships based upon donors’ interests keep a nonprofit strong. This program incorporates knowledge of fundraising in rural communities like the Vail Valley.
2) Project Management Certification Course
- Intended For: Anyone who is often tasked with creating a new product, service, program, process, or outcome for an organization.
- Course Overview: The Project Management Certification Course covers the foundations of leading successful projects. This course is geared towards the “hidden project manager” – those known for their leadership and organizational skills. They regularly perform project-related tasks while facing the challenges of budget and schedule constraints and competing stakeholder needs. Upon completion candidates may choose to sit for the CompTIA Project+ certification test.