Presented By: Skill Builder Pro
- Skill Builder Pro is a job skills, soft skills and personal development training platform that has over 300 online courses. Vail Valley Works has collaborated with Skill Builder Pro to bundle four curated “learning modules” for businesses and members of our community designed to help you learn new skills or refresh your existing ones.
Format: Online, Self-Paced
Hours: Approximately 3 hours per course (15 hours total)
- New or inexperienced supervisors
- Those who want to pursue a supervisory role
- Anyone looking to create or change company culture.
The Skills for Supervisors module includes 5 courses:
- The ABC’s of Supervising Others: This course is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems that they will encounter as a workplace leader. Dealing with the problems that a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
- The Professional Supervisor: Great leaders know that you must keep learning in order to be successful, especially if you are in a new role. This course will help you take your supervisory skills to a higher level. In this course, you will learn how to plan effectively, build a high-performing team, motivate employees, provide effective feedback, delegate, and manage conflict. You will also receive an introduction to several leadership theories and our signature leadership assessment.
- Communication, Coaching and Conflict: There are three fundamental skill areas that all leaders need to master: communication, coaching, and conflict. This introductory workshop will give you basic skills in all three areas. In this course, you will learn about coaching models, conflict resolution techniques, and ways to communicate with your employees. You will also complete Velsoft’s signature leadership assessment to help you identify how to connect with others.
- Managing Customer Service: Like all business values, a customer service focus must be demonstrated from the top down. Customer service leaders have a responsibility to demonstrate good leadership practices as well as good customer service practices. This course will share several leadership models that you can use to successfully lead a customer service team. In this course, you will learn about the six critical elements of customer service.
- From Boss to Leader: How do you make sure you’re not a bad boss? How do you develop into a good leader who provides guidance and motivation while showing integrity and modelling the behaviors you want to see in your team? This course will arm you with what you need to know to transform from a boss to a great leader and help you take the first steps on what will be a continuous journey towards becoming a more effective boss, the side effects of which are both likeability and respect.
Pricing: VVP Members: $79/person; Public Price: $99/person
Registration Includes: Access to all 5 courses within the module for 6 months.
Questions About Vail Valley Works?
Please use the form below to send us your questions and a VVP staff member will respond shortly!