Presented By: Skill Builder Pro
- Skill Builder Pro is a job skills, soft skills and personal development training platform that has over 300 online courses. Vail Valley Works has collaborated with Skill Builder Pro to bundle four curated “learning modules” for businesses and members of our community designed to help you learn new skills or refresh your existing ones.
Format: Online, Self-Paced
Hours: Approximately 3 hours per course (15 hours total)
- Anyone looking to establish a DEI program or policies in the workplace
- Anyone looking to further their personal understanding on this important topic
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion module includes 5 courses:
- Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace: More than ever, a workplace is a diverse collection of people proud of who they are. This course will give you ways to lead these diverse individuals and help them work as a team. In this course, you will learn what diversity means and what some of its related terms are. You’ll also consider how your world has changed and how stereotypes impact people. Then, you’ll learn how to use the four cornerstones of diversity and the STOP technique to encourage a diverse workplace. You will also learn how to manage for diversity and deal with discrimination issues.
- Managing Across Cultures: The world is getting smaller and smaller with the increasing influence of the Internet, widespread travel, and multinational corporations. Along with this shrinking of the globe comes an influx of diverse cultures into the office setting. To make this transition a positive one it’s vital to have the skills to understand and welcome several cultures. This course takes a look at how best to smoothly blend employees from several cultures into a cohesive workforce. During this course you will learn about cultures and how to integrate them into the workforce through effective communication and team building. In addition, you are going to be shown ways managing over a cross-cultural spectrum and building a multicultural organization by dipping into the global talent pool.
- Disability Awareness: People with disabilities represent a significant and largely underutilized resource for businesses. This course will give you tools and tips for creating a diverse workplace and making the most of what employees have to offer. In this course, you will explore what the word “disabilities” means and what some common disabilities are. You will also explore stereotypes, misconceptions, and labels. Then, you will learn ways to encourage diversity, create an accessible workplace, make appropriate accommodations, and protect the privacy of your employees.
- Transgender Employees: Creating an Inclusive Work Community: A safe, inclusive workplace in many jurisdictions is not just the law; it is a goal of every employee and company that values the contributions, well-being, and productivity of everyone in the organization. In society today, individuals are of many personal communities. In addition to heterosexual or ‘straight’ there is also LGBTQ2 – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and 2, for two-spirited: an aboriginal concept of two sexuality within one body. ‘Trans’, however, refers to gender identity, whereas the other terms describe sexual orientation. The importance of understanding terms of identification is critical to creating and maintain a safe workplace. Transgender Employees: Creating an Inclusive Community is a course to introduce the importance and elements of safe inclusive work spaces for transgender persons – those identifying as one gender but born into the body of the opposing gender. This course will offer an introduction to terminology, elements, policies, and resources to build and sustain a safe, inclusive environment for transgender employees and increase the comfort level and productivity off all in your organization.
- Bullying in the Workplace: Bullying is called the silent epidemic. Although half of workers have experienced or witnessed bullying, policies and laws dealing with it are far less prevalent. This course will give you the tools to deal with workplace bullying. In this Bullying in the Workplace course, you will learn what bullying is and what it can cost an organization. You will also learn how to protect yourself from bullying, what to do if you are bullied, and what to do if you witness bullying.
- VVP Members: $79/person
- Public Price: $99/person
Registration Includes: Access to all 5 courses within the module for 6 months.
Questions About Vail Valley Works?
Please use the form below to send us your questions and a VVP staff member will respond shortly!