About Mountain Healthcare Coalition
Our goal is to develop a new non-profit Healthcare Coalition that will possibly include a health purchasing collaborative. The Coalition seeks to develop more cost-effective, sustainable health coverage options for individuals, insured employers, and self-insured employers in Eagle County. The Mountain Healthcare Coalition will be coordinated and led by Vail Valley Partnership.
Our goals include:
- Develop a comprehensive Community Healthcare Program to create more stability in insurance premiums, now and in the future;
- Provide broader accessibility to health insurance and coverage options within the community;
- Work to provide a community-wide wellness mind-set and culture;
- Provide education about access to a broader range of choices to promote better healthcare decision making;
- Provide ongoing support to community health programming including but not limited to MIRA bus, health fairs, and related community health education efforts
The high cost of health insurance has been an ongoing and increasingly impactful issue in Eagle County. The difference today is the demographic data clearly shows an increased need for more health insurance options for the current and future Eagle County workforce. Addressing the high cost of health insurance is essential to the continued success and growth of our business community across industry sectors. A “yes, and…” approach is needed to fundamentally address the issue of health insurance cost; providers, insurance companies, and the government all need to be part of the solution and niche programs need to build on each other to support community needs.
Hear from the Vail Valley Businesses
Member Minute: Adam & Eddie
Beaver Creek Chophouse