Bright Future Foundation
Listing Expires on 02/28/2019
Position Summary: Bright Future Foundation seeks a Youth Advisor, between the ages of 17 and 23 years of age.
Under the direction of Bright Future Foundation’s (BFF) Youth Violence Prevention Manager (YVPM), the Youth Advisor (YA) will support the mission of the organization by representing the youth perspective within the Youth Violence Prevention Division. The Youth Advisor will assist with programming needs for the Buddy Mentors and Empowerment Programs. The Youth Advisor will meet regularly with the Youth Violence Prevention Manager to discuss programming and community partnerships. The Youth Advisor will share opinions and experiences and offer insight on the youth experience in our community.
Youth Violence Prevention Youth Advisor Responsibilities
Buddy Mentors and Empowerment Program Support
- Provide input and insight to the YVPM and BFF staff regarding what it is like to be a young person in our community and where gaps exist in support for youth
- Collaborate with the YVPM on creation and implementation of programming for both Buddy Mentors & Empowerment
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with youth and family members as they are introduced and then integrated in the Buddy Mentors program
- Work with youth, mentors and YVPM to create and attend trainings, workshops and events that cater to the groups’ needs and interests
- Co-facilitate Empowerment curriculum for middle school students throughout Eagle County
- Enhance the curriculum’s ability to truly engage youth by confidently speaking to your personal experience and lessons you have learned since you were a middle schooler
- Assist with social media outreach
- Actively promote Bright Future Foundation’s mission by participating in awareness-building opportunities (trainings, forums, panel discussions, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- Willingness to act as a role model for other youth
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to use social media platforms effectively, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Knowledge of the Eagle County youth community
- Familiarity with youth violence prevention and mentorship strategies
- Provide information for a background check
Compensation – $17/hour
Schedule – Ability to work flexible hours. Not to exceed 12 hours per week.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by a person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements to the work of the Bright Future Foundation and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
E.O.E. – Bright Future Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals with unique life experiences encouraged to apply.
Please submit letter of interest to Janet Casson, YVPM: firstname.lastname@example.org