Walking Mountains Science Center
Listing Expires on 09/29/2017
Reports To: STEM Coordinator
Compensation: $22 an hour for 10-15 hours per week.
Benefits: Discounted Ski Pass
Access to Pro-Deals
To Apply: Visit THIS PAGE on the Walking Mountains website.
Program Development & Coordination:
- Research STEM topics to ensure appropriate content in lessons.
- Maintain organization for all lessons and materials.
- Develop and foster working relationships with school teachers.
- Partake in implementation of end of year event for student participants and their families.
Instruction and Data management:
- Teach STEM Leadership Academy after school, ~2 hours per session at 3 middle schools (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Prepare materials for each week.
- Collect ongoing data from students so that parents/teachers/administrators/WMSC can monitor program effectiveness.
- Maintain systems to track student assessment data.
- Organization of program materials.
- Evaluate learning conditions both indoors and out and make safety decisions that incorporate emergency protocol.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or STEM related field is preferred but not required
- Teaching License in science, math, technology or elementary education preferred
- 1-3 years formal or informal teaching experience
- Knowledge of inquiry based learning
- Self-motivated, team oriented, creative and organized
- Current driver’s license and safe driving record for the past 5 years
- First Aid and CPR certification by start date
- Ability to Communicate in Spanish helpful
Visit THIS PAGE on the Walking Mountains website.