Vail Valley Foundation
Listing Expires on 09/30/2021
The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a Philanthropy Senior Marketing and Communications Manager to support the efforts of the VVF Marketing and Development Departments. Primarily responsible for creating and integrating compelling fundraising messages across channels, the Philanthropy Senior Marketing and Communications Manager designs strategies and messages that maintain, grow and upgrade the base of VVF supporters. In addition, this position applies fundraising, marketing and communications knowledge in a coaching manner for VVF’s relationship managers, in addition to collaborating with the larger VVF marketing and communications team on brand representation, communications timeline and consistency of messaging. The Philanthropy Senior Marketing and Communications Manager works directly with VVF staff, graphic designers, and third-party vendors. The position offers hands-on involvement in a variety of development focused marketing projects at all stages from concept and execution to reporting. A high-energy, self-motivated leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment will excel in this position.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Lead and manage assigned projects, from setting marketing objectives and budgets to executing tactical plans.
- Design a variety of fundraising campaigns to meet annual goals —including strategy, content development, creative concept, audience segmentation and overall execution; utilize tools and reports to track campaign efficacy.
- Design, launch and market a monthly giving program that aligns with organizational fundraising priorities.
- Coordinate the production of fundraising and planned giving-related print pieces, such as letters and postcards, gift impact reports, thank-you messages, advertisements, donor stories and more—including developing content, working with graphic designers and printers, and coordinating mailings.
- From start to finish, plan, draft and execute digital campaigns to achieve fundraising and organizational goals, as well as to engage, grow and diversify our base of supporters through paid and organic growth strategies.
- Facilitate in-house graphic design needs including PowerPoint decks, development collateral, posters, buck slips, info cards, and others to be determined.
- Expand and implement an email communications strategy based on prioritized audience segments and using data-driven messaging to meet or exceed fundraising goals, support organizational initiatives, drive action and optimize user performance and experience. Collaborate with other members of the marketing and communications team, and other departments to create, populate and manage an organization-wide email calendar.
- Manage the organization’s supply of logo and promotional items, including office-related supplies such as letterhead and envelopes, promotional items and giveaways, and logo apparel for board members and staff related to development efforts.
- Ensure external communications products have appropriate VVF branding
- Build VVF’s story bank, identifying and curating stories to convey the organization’s impact.
- Create/edit content for communications and development campaigns, across various platforms.
- Oversee and manage project marketing budgets and timelines. Create reports for VVF staff, board and committees as requested. Develop and deliver trainings and presentations as requested.
- Oversee and provide leadership for project interns and temporary staff.
- Support VVF Marketing and Communications Team across all projects and areas as necessary.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional philanthropic marketing/communications experience with a proven record of success.
- Strong knowledge of the donor development process and fundraising best practices.
- Creative eye and innovative, inclusive approach to storytelling and developing persuasive messages across multiple mediums; some knowledge of graphic design.
- Effective decision making and strong drive to meet program deadlines and objectives.
- Great level of passion surrounding delegated projects, programs and promotional campaigns and infectious enthusiasm in group situations.
- Effective time management skills to ensure deadlines, goals and program objectives are met.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal responsibility for all assigned projects and update contingency plans as circumstances require.
- High organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced teamwork environment.
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public, vendors, partners, committee members and the board of directors.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department, as well as members of the media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to lead groups and present information in a solution driven format.
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor seasonal interns and volunteers.
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours as needed, which may include holidays
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Ability to perform physical labor as needed.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, Social Media Platforms, and Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy, and InDesign.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Successful candidates must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 due to the nature of the work of the Vail Valley Foundation. Candidates needing accommodation may be considered depending on the essential functions of the job.
Additional preferred experience/skills:
- Background in marketing across various digital and social platforms.
- Experience with email systems like Online Express or MailChimp.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Any experience in video including editing capabilities would be beneficial, but not required.
- Any experience in Adobe Creative Suite programs like Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro would be beneficial, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications or a related field.
- 4+ years at a marketing manager level position.
Salary Range: $60,000-$65,000 annually
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org